Bunting Langdon, Enterprise Works, Shoreham Street, Sheffield

Runningman

Any one with knowledge of a cutlery firm called Bunting Langdon ( spelling may be slightly incorrect ) which was situated in the Enterprise Works on the corner of Shoreham Street and St Mary's Road. I visited the premises approx. 1950 when my Mom worked there. In a book titled " Back to the Grindstone,

Personal Recollections of the Sheffield Cutlery Industry " by Herbert Housley, there is a photo of the works on page 102. I am a keen amateur family historian and am trying to gather information relating to my Mom's working life in the cutlery industry.

Another long shot, but there are some very helpfull people out there !

Hello Runningman,

My grandad had a workshop in Enterprise Works called Dearden & Richmond and if you have a squint at This thread some lovely people have given me a great deal of information about both Enterprise Works and the cutlery trade in general.

Hope this helps and little and if you get any other information I'd love to hear it. :)

Archived