How many Dojos are there in sheffield

simms

Kipple

You got Shorinji Kempo right! but it's Goju not Gojo (so many people get this wrong) I haven't seen them at the dojo for months now they used to be in before us but have stopped.

andyb (Instructor Okinawan Goju Ryu)

• 2 weeks later...
Our dojo is perminant mats and martial arts training. We do shodokan aikido, but there is also gojo ryu karate (i hope i've spelt it right) and shorinji kempo. Now i'm sure iv'e spelt that one wrong...

hey kipple, you got any times for the Shorinji Kempo classes?

hey kipple, you got any times for the Shorinji Kempo classes?

hi,

I think its wednesday 2030-2200 or there abouts, but i think the instuctor is still injured as there hasnt been anyone about for a while. Andyb above should know better if they are back in the dojo as they traing after the Goju Karate class i think. i'll post if i find out anything different.

We are based at Wellington street too.

We are in the boxing gym downstairs , you can see it when you walk past.

Now it is not a "fully matted dojo" or a "greens " or a "fitness first" by any means.

It is what you see. Quite simply a fully equipped traditional "spit and sawdust" boxing gym , quite similar in many respects to the one that Rocky Balboa, Muhammad Ali and the lieks would have trained in.

No thrills no spills just all the equipment you will need and three coaches available at one time if you have any questions or need taking on the pads.

We have :

8 punchbags including a heavy bag and a "hard sand" bag for conditioning , 2 speedballs, one maize ball and a ceiling to floor ball.

That is 12 stations for bagwork.

We also have 2 Electronic Treadmills, a stepping machine (in the changing rooms, LOL!) and a free weights section with dumbells and barbells.

The gym also has adequate pairs of boxing gloves, thai pads, focus mitts and kick shields for boxing and kickboxing training.

Our training times for kickboxing are on our website below.

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.com

Archived