What was that pub that looked like a street?

evamermaid

The stone house used to have a street in the back of it a couple of decades ago, from what I have heard. For the last 10 years it was an overpriced place with no atmosphere, and hardly any customers until it closed down.

The museum, of old was converted to a more modern pub when orchard square opened. I think it became the Orchard, later Hogshead, and now it is called the Museum again. It is the same building but the insides have been modernised a bit. At the back it has an entrance into orchard square where it has tables. Last time I visited I was quite impressed, it had cosy corners stuffed with sofas and lots of cask ales.

:) i remember the stonehouse well,it used to be the place to be in in the 70s,the guy that owned it was a dead ringer for sgt major shutup in the tv series it aint half hot mum [70s] & even did the voice [windsor davis] he could freeze you in yer tracks by shouting- you there luvvie boy!. nice well kept pub,always clean & no bovver.

Archived