Huntsman gardens school.

pumas

my mother used to send me to ada myers for groceries " on the strap" which meant she would pay on friday when my dad got his wages.

so did my mum she lived at 63 st charles st where the high wall was at the end of the street in them 6 cottages ,yes tony joe sapcoats lived across from us , WHAT JS YOUR MAIDEN NAME

---------- Post added 16-05-2014 at 07:24 ----------

i lived at no. 70 st charles st. Next door 3 doors away form ada myers shop

my school friend lived on that side of the street her name was kath hall her mum had a wet fish shop up staniforth road, what is your maiden name

• 9 months later...
so did my mum she lived at 63 st charles st where the high wall was at the end of the street in them 6 cottages ,yes tony joe sapcoats lived across from us , WHAT JS YOUR MAIDEN NAME

---------- Post added 16-05-2014 at 07:24 ----------

my school friend lived on that side of the street her name was kath hall her mum had a wet fish shop up staniforth road, what is your maiden name

I've just come across this thread. I used to live at 66 St Charles St with my grandmother Mavis Greaves. She was always sending me to Mrs Myers to get her 20 senior service a couple of eggs and a few rashers of bacon. I loved st Charles St as a little girl. I remember our next door neighbour Mrs Broadhead. I left in 1968 when I was 7yrs old. Happy happy days!

• 1 year later...

Just found the site,have enjoyed reading about Attercliffe memories.I went to Huntsmans from 1961-1967.I remember most of the people mentioned,Ian+Gary it's nice to know you're still fighting fit.

Kev Barrett

hi kevin.just seen yre thread .im gary Sutcliffe.think you were mates with our Geoff.he lives in derby nowq has done for years.hows the rest of yre family? hoe theyre all well.we are all fine nd still kicking about.miss the old cliffe at times.but don't miss the old tin bath.and outside bogs.go down from time to time but its all changed now run down etc.i live at handsworth now have for 25 years.hopr you keep in touch mate.

Ey up Gary,Ray and Ian,brilliant to hear from you.We are a different breed from down the Cliffe.I've met other old Cliffe lads and lasses over the years who I haven't seen for ages and after talking for 5 mins it felt like we had been best mates for ever.Different class.I heard your Geoff was in Derby years ago.Do you keep in touch? Sorry to tell you Ray but our Malc died 2 years ago,I remember you had a few ''adventures''together, just like me and your Geoff but we won't go into that in case anyone from Huntsmans grew up to be a copper ha ha.By the way Gaz I'm living in Hackenthorpe and have been for 30 years.