Plan my night out please?

drp215

I've not been out in Sheffield since having 2 children (4 years ago) and now I've got some friends coming to stay over in 2 weeks (Sat night) who want to see Sheffield. They are 'young at heart' ie. dance clubs perhaps not ideal! (Aged 35-a young 60)

We need to eat, boogie to happy music (we love live music) and preferably all in town so we can tram in.

Any plans gratefully received...I feel under pressure!

Not a great selection of live music in the city centre on a saturday night i don't think, but you could see what's on at West Street Live, or have a look at the Evenings Out section of this forum.

Good bars in town are the Harley Bar (open until late - bout 2), Swim Inn, Cristal, Walkabout and RSVP, but most in town are pretty nice. Food.....Italian in town would have to be BB's (best one in town and in top 5 I've tried in Sheff, and good prices (Devonshire Street)), or BRB's (West Stree) if you're having pizza - fantastic! Again, most of the restaurants along West Street are good too :)

Threads. @ DQ this week features The Wombats... The band to watch for 2007 according to the Sun (which may not sound too good) and Collin Murray from Radio 1....

Honestly, my favourite band of the moment.. :thumbsup:

As for next week there's no live band but we're featuring a first ever DJ set from LEGENDARY Sheffield producer Alan Smythe...

See other posts on the forum, it's an eclectic indie night and DQ was just voted as Best Bar in Yorkshire...

Peace guys :thumbsup:

Matt

x

Threads. @ DQ this week features The Wombats... The band to watch for 2007 according to the Sun (which may not sound too good) and Collin Murray from Radio 1....

Honestly, my favourite band of the moment.. :thumbsup:

As for next week there's no live band but we're featuring a first ever DJ set from LEGENDARY Sheffield producer Alan Smythe...

See other posts on the forum, it's an eclectic indie night and DQ was just voted as Best Bar in Yorkshire...

Peace guys :thumbsup:

Matt

x

Looks a little young for us olies but thanks and peace to you too!

If they like a bit of rock, then it's free entry to the Moorfoot Tavern to my rock night, kicking off with yours truly playing old and new rock, followed by a live band...

See this thread for listings: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=183899

Hi,

Where is Moorfoot Tav and is it 'shake your head' rock (which we love!)

Not a great selection of live music in the city centre on a saturday night i don't think, but you could see what's on at West Street Live, or have a look at the Evenings Out section of this forum.

Good bars in town are the Harley Bar (open until late - bout 2), Swim Inn, Cristal, Walkabout and RSVP, but most in town are pretty nice. Food.....Italian in town would have to be BB's (best one in town and in top 5 I've tried in Sheff, and good prices (Devonshire Street)), or BRB's (West Stree) if you're having pizza - fantastic! Again, most of the restaurants along West Street are good too :)

I've heard lots of good things about BB's so that would be worth a try...is it fairly reasonably priced?

Good location too.

Archived