Local Course Fishing Information.

Have you been fishing lately? Did you catch?

I’m always looking for local places to go fishing but without knowing anything about the venue it kinda puts me off. Especially during the winter months when the fishing is hard.

I thought it might be a good idea for us that enjoy a spot of fishing in our spare time to report the session on here, That way we can all get an idea of the venue's that are fishing well and the one's that aren’t

It's also an opportunity for those of you who know how to get the best from a venue to share it with others.

I'll give an example.

Saturday 3rd Feb.

Venue - Howbrook Res, High green, Tickets £3 on the bank

Weather - Bright, Sunny but cold.

Fished far bank 4 pegs down from the bridge towards the dam wall.

Used pole at around 8mtrs with a depth of 3mtrs.

Chopped worm and caster proved useless fished on the bottom, Red maggot produced a few small roach at around 6ft deep.

Maggot feeder with red maggot produced instant bites from roach around the couple of ounce mark almost instantly, No matter where you chucked it.

Around a dozen or so other anglers, mostly fishing the pole took up various pegs around the pond. The going was slow for everyone.

Thanks for looking, Let’s see how it goes.

Archived