Progressive house/breaks in Sheffield??

moogafooga

Have a look at urban gorilla strands. Friday at Zero. They get in chaps such as meat katie, hybrid, and various other johhny-come-lately's as well as residents. Can vary from deep funky/techie house to meaty dark breaks. No rubbish or gristly bits, which is nice.

For chill out stuff, sundaze are the floaty people. There's a fair bit more..but no exclusive prog /tribal nights in shef..i don't think..i have tried scuba, wasn't keen, but reports differ.

You new in town?? x

Well I checked out UG `s web page and I believe it is worth visiting

Yeah, I will be new to town in September. Well, for the prog house nights I may opt for London.. when there is something worth the travel :)

anyway nice atmospheric breaks would also do :)

Could you please tell me where Sundaze is located?

well moog, they are dj's/producers etc collective type thingy, you'll find website easy enough, they do a fair few gigs in sheff, and regularly dj/gig in london...have a look for events on sundaze website...

next month they play soxon, in whitechapel, which is excellent night. bum shaking stuff and what-have-you in main room (saw this fantastic female DJ called domu doing a breaks set couple of months ago...) and superb vj's/chill in room 2.

I used to be a vocalist with a previous incarnation...

They are nice people too, and its nice to be nice.

Archived