Can any one help? Looking for dance lessons for an unconfident beginner

oh yeah if you could get back to me as to whether there's another set of beginner classes. its the kind of thing id nver think of doing but what the hell, i'll give it a go. do you get right into it with the skirts and coin belts?

id imagine its a good laugh.

:banana:

You could try Square Dancing. It's not over energetic, especially when you first start but once you've learned a few basic moves, you can really get going.

I started dancing but then progressed to calling and don't dance much now but when I do get up for one, I can get a bit of a dab on!

We have all shapes and sizes and nobody is under pressure - there are no competions or exams - it's just fun and frienship set to music but it keeps you active without bouncing around silly and without impact and it keeps your mind working too. It's a good social activity and when you've done all the basic moves, you can go out to Saturday dances at other clubs if you want - but again no pressure.

It's at Ecclesall Parish Halls on Ringinglow Road up top of Ecclesall Road. Meet Monday evenings 7.30 til 10pm. We will teach beginners anytime but of course if we know a few new people want to try it, it would be good to come on the same night. It's only £2.50 for the night with tea and biscuits at break. You even get to try it for 2 weeks free to see if you enjoy it.

Let me know if you want to come and try folks - it would be good to see you. People have heard all about line dancing but not American Square Dancing. It's for everyone - bring all your mates.

If you want to look up more info, there's a web site I can get you details or just come along, but it would be nice to know how many are coming.

Hope this sounds llike something you might try.

P.S.

Many of our members don't come with partners. We usually have more women than men but some of us women dance as men so you don't necessarily have to worry about who you dance with either.

Everyone dances in squares of eight so you get to swap round and dance with everybody during the evening.

Ive just found a dance studio in hillsborough that do a range of dances from ballroom, latin, belly (woman only), bollywood, salsa, ballet tap etc etc. Its on penistone road near the peogeot garage.There is a free taster session on the 4th of march and beginner sessions throughout march. The website is city-limits.co.uk I ll be going with my boyfriend. Think ill be ok but not sure he will!

Thank you for all suggestions !!

I myself im going to try the city limits thing out but will see if i can fet to and from there easily and see where the square dance is as it finishes late so thank you both very interesting. I hope every one found this benificial as to some where they would like to go. Many thanks to all

• 1 month later...
Hiya,

i'd love to do some dancing lessons but im a larger ladie so feel to awkward as they probly be thin and fit! Id like to do some exercise to lose weight and love dancing! Any way ifany one knows of a class where there are bigger people please please let me know.

Thanks every one who replies :P

Hi - why not try our Burlesque style Dance? We`ve ladies of all shapes and sizes, and curves are most definately in ... hey - the more you`ve got, the better the wiggle! :)

If you`re interested, then please see our main website for further details.

Velvet

Archived