Nurses Home- Northern General Hospital

Betty1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Betty

My wife and I trained at the NGH starting in 1980. We met in the home, whilst visiting friends and eventually married.

We kept up those friendships with the home residents for many years; they are still a good source of happy memories!

I would be happy to chat if you would like.

Dave 59

Hi Betty

No chuck, I dont work there any more.

I stayed at the NGH from 1980 -88 then moved to the RHH site where I stayed until 2002. I now work in Rotherham.

Do you work there or have you ever worked there? Do any of these names mean anything to you Mick Fines, Pip Cummings, Joyce Baynes, Marion Millwaters?

Love to chat more chuck.

DD

Hi Betty

No chuck, I dont work there any more.

I stayed at the NGH from 1980 -88 then moved to the RHH site where I stayed until 2002. I now work in Rotherham.

Do you work there or have you ever worked there? Do any of these names mean anything to you Mick Fines, Pip Cummings, Joyce Baynes, Marion Millwaters?

Love to chat more chuck.

DD

Hi

I worked at the NGH from 1971 until 1999 I remember all the above mentioned, and many more. I saw many changes over the years.

Betty and Jan

Thanks very much for your info, it was good to hear from you.

I did an agency shift at the NGH about a year ago and the day I worked there was the day of Pips retirement do. She still looked the same as she ever did.

Joyce retired in the early 90's and did a few shifts in out patients, she could be really keen but we eventually got on really well.

I havent seen Mick Fines for almost 18 years, the same with Sister Millwaters.

Nursing just doesn't seem to be as much fun now, I dont know if you hold the same opinion.

I have enjoyed our few brief exchanges and will keep watching this topic if you would like to chat further.

With my warmest regards

DD

Betty and Jan

Thanks very much for your info, it was good to hear from you.

I did an agency shift at the NGH about a year ago and the day I worked there was the day of Pips retirement do. She still looked the same as she ever did.

Joyce retired in the early 90's and did a few shifts in out patients, she could be really keen but we eventually got on really well.

I havent seen Mick Fines for almost 18 years, the same with Sister Millwaters.

Nursing just doesn't seem to be as much fun now, I dont know if you hold the same opinion.

I have enjoyed our few brief exchanges and will keep watching this topic if you would like to chat further.

With my warmest regards

Hi Dave

I agree with you nursing wasn't fun anymore when I left, it really had changed from the early days, I was a nursing auxilliary working on nights, it was really hard work in the old days. did you ever come to the auxilliary 11-30 pm break, it was light relief for the work ahead for the rest of the night, I really enjoyed those early years, but really had had enough when I retired.

cheers

Archived