The Old Days of Nightclubbing In Winter

Jozafeen

All the talk on the forum about a vague possibility of snow, along with feeble excuses about folks not being able to get to our Everfink night tonight due to 'it being a bit nippy' has sparked off a few comments on my LJ about going down town in the 'proper snow' we used to get.

I know I used to be so keen to get to The Limit that I'd spend the next day glueing all the leather back on the heels of my Rebina boots after tottering through the snow in them on what seemed a regular basis.

A mate has also mentioned walking from Roxy's Rock Night to Low Edges in 2 feet of snow in his cowboy boots, snakeskin leggings and a Poison t-shirt.

The idea of going out in a bit of weather never used to seem to put anyone off like it does now - why do you reckon that is and what's the furthest you've walked or most inappropriately you've been dressed for winter pubbage?

All the talk on the forum about a vague possibility of snow, along with feeble excuses about folks not being able to get to our Everfink night tonight due to 'it being a bit nippy' has sparked off a few comments on my LJ about going down town in the 'proper snow' we used to get.

I know I used to be so keen to get to The Limit that I'd spend the next day glueing all the leather back on the heels of my Rebina boots after tottering through the snow in them on what seemed a regular basis.

A mate has also mentioned walking from Roxy's Rock Night to Low Edges in 2 feet of snow in his cowboy boots, snakeskin leggings and a Poison t-shirt.

The idea of going out in a bit of weather never used to seem to put anyone off like it does now - why do you reckon that is and what's the furthest you've walked or most inappropriately you've been dressed for winter pubbage?

I remember going to the Wapentake one neet wi me sis met my then Boyfriend ( Freebird ) dont think he'd mind the mention, lololol. We went into the bar around 7pm came out at 11.30 and it had snowed real heavy. All the buses were off, couldnt get a taxi so we had to walk home thru the wybourn estate to get home to the manor estate. I remember not havin a coat and it took us over 2 hours to get home. I had my doc martens on but my sis had high heeled boots and blue PVC trousers. why dont we get snow like that anymore, i miss it .

I remember going to the Wapentake one neet wi me sis met my then Boyfriend ( Freebird ) dont think he'd mind the mention, lololol. We went into the bar around 7pm came out at 11.30 and it had snowed real heavy. All the buses were off, couldnt get a taxi so we had to walk home thru the wybourn estate to get home to the manor estate. I remember not havin a coat and it took us over 2 hours to get home. I had my doc martens on but my sis had high heeled boots and blue PVC trousers. why dont we get snow like that anymore, i miss it .

Ah,Remember The Night Well........Good Ol' Days.:love:

Archived