Alpine pop man!

mindyw

i loved Apine pop but i also hated it because it stopped me getting my 10p a bottle taking Barr bottles back to the shop . Alpine knocked 10p off the next bottle ordered if you handed them an empty bottle ,if i remember correctly ,so there were no bottles for me to take back.Damn good flavours Alpine had though .

we never had them on parsons cross but whenever was at aunties on Manor they came, seem to remember them on a flat bed lorry that was a kinda green colour, some flavours even in late 70's were strange

• 4 weeks later...
I think it was SYDS pop which was owned by William Hagues family. Were they from Wentworth though?

SYDS pop..South yorkshire direct supplies..independent taken over by Alpine,no connection to Hagues.

Charles Hague and sons based in Parkgate ,Rotherham family owned from start to finish.

I worked for them all. Hagues is the best firm I ever worked for. Nigel Hague,Williams father,A real gentleman,no airs or graces where his staff were concerned.

Alpine pineappleade was definitely the best - delicious and thirst-quenching on a hot day. It probably never saw a pineapple but what the hell... Ben Shaws used to do a "Rubette" (dark red and a bit spicy) which was also a good drink.

Alpine man came on to Holgate rd on Parson Cross cus i can remember the Alpine lads with no shirts on, in the summer carrying about 20 bottles in each hand serving about 3 houses in one go..

Great Times

Archived