DQ - Best in the steel city

WhitePony

This club for me is becoming my new favourite in Sheffield. Drinks prices are good and more importantly the staff there are really friendly, far nicer than Ledders, Republic etc. I'm not at all associated with the club, I've simply been reading club write-ups recently and thought it was worth mentioning. Thought they deserved a good pat on the back!

Cha chas has been closed for nearly 8 months... We now have a lounge cocktail bar upstairs which is open till 3am. Our 4 bartenders have been nominated for UK bartender of the year and we play different styles of music like funk, soul, 50s and 60s rock n roll etc.

Midweek we have live acts from OPUS and Disgraceful Behaviour and I'm hoping to announce a new addition to the fold very soon.. :thumbsup:

Matt, I always pester one of your staff (a very hot brunette gal) about getting a gig/possible support slot! She actually said one of you listened on an office computer whilst I was there and said it sounded cool!

the band is VIB GYOR, if you check out our myspace that would be rad. We have a second single out in March and some great gigs being booked, we'd LOVE to play DQ sometime! We've played with some great people in the past (Goldfrapp, headlined the unsigned tent at Leeds Fest 2006). Let us know what we can do to play there! Cheers dude.

Dan

I've been to DQ's once. I found the bar staff to be really irritating! Scenario.... "Can i have 2 Smirnoff Ice Please?" Bar Tender "We don't do alco-pops!" Me. "Well, i'll have a bottle of that ****ing pink champagne then." Arggghhhhh. Just wanted to slap his pubescent little face with a girder. It was just the way he addressed me. As though I wasn't worthy of his service. Little T**t.

I've been to DQ's once. I found the bar staff to be really irritating! Scenario.... "Can i have 2 Smirnoff Ice Please?" Bar Tender "We don't do alco-pops!" Me. "Well, i'll have a bottle of that ****ing pink champagne then." Arggghhhhh. Just wanted to slap his pubescent little face with a girder. It was just the way he addressed me. As though I wasn't worthy of his service. Little T**t.

Can't say I've experienced that, but then I wouldn't ever go into a bar and ask for an alco-pop. ;) Especially DQ - which ain't that sorta place.

What sort of response would you like him to have come out with? An alternative to "We don't do alco-pops" maybe "Alco-pops are crap, so we don't sell them" or "They're a waste of money, there's no profit margin and they tend to attract chav's"?

:hihi:

Archived