Which were your favourite acts at the Mojo

feederfil

I also read Pete Stringfellows autobiography a few years ago & yes it should have had a good proof reader. I personally think the Stringfellows were the best think that ever happened to Sheffield kids in the 60's. The brothers were Pete Geoff Paul & Terry. From reading Pet's book I think Geoff who was a lot more reserved than Pete had in later years quite a problem with drink which is quite sad as I always found him to be a nice guy.I hope he survived the ordeal. Often wonder what happened to Paul who worked in the coffee bar at the club & Terry was only a little fella during all that era.

I don't know if many of you would remember the nights Pete & Geoff used to get up on stage & sing together, I always thought it was great to see them together, but Geoff always had to be coaxed. I just thought Pete had so much charisma he could do anything I really loved the guy. I believe he is still clubbing & just being Pete somewhere in London.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by owdlad

The Stringfellows didn't do badly from the mojo did they? What happened to them....lol. I think one went down to London to open some sort of similair club ( tongue firmly in cheek) but what happened to the other (David I think)? Perhaps he got a "proper" job.

Peter Stringfellwo now lives here in Mallorca

Originally posted by bornandbred

ps. Rod Stewart used to do a stint there with Long John Baldry and the Hoochie Coochie Men!

met baldry in the peace gardens when he was on city hall,took him in the albert pub,and across to the saddle west street.got his autograph somewhere

• 4 years later...
I was introduced to blues music at the Mojo and remember seeing John Lee Hooker there - brilliant! I think Peter Stringfellow chose the name for the club from a JLH song "I got my mojo working"

I made one of those mojo dolls that used to hang at the back of the stage, it was free entry on opening night if you brought one. Can't recall seeing the Faces.

Bought a Mojo on Beale Street Memphis 1989.

Archived