Sheffield Brewery Company - first beers available now!

Meaks

The new Sheffield Brewery Company's first experimental brews are now available.

Note: I keep updating this first post with the latest brews. :)

The Gardener's Rest has all four of the beers currently available, and the odd cask can be found elsewhere:

First Brew

4.2% Premium Bitter

Gone

Second Brew

3.5% Session Beer

Gone

Third Brew

3.7% Best Bitter

Gone

Fourth Brew

3.8% Golden Beer

Gone (now 'Five Rivers')

These are the first trial beers from Sheffield Brewery who I am advised will be aiming to have three regular beers (the names yet to be announced) along with monthly specials. Looks promising - be the first to sample them while they last. :)

New beers added here:

Top Forge

A powerful, malty, strong beer with an intense ruby colour. English Challenger hops provide the bitterness with Goldings in the finish. 4.7%

Spring Steel

4.6% Premium Golden Ale

Five Rivers

Easy drinking, straw coloured, session ale. Hoppy aroma carries through to the finish from a combination of Fuggles and Goldings. 3.8%

Blanco Blonde

Continental lager style beer brewed entirely from lager malt and delicately flavoured with aromatic Saaz hops from the Czech Republic. 4.2%

Crucibal Bitter

Complex bitter brewed with a blend of pale, crystal and black malts. A mixture of two bittering hops provides a perfect balance. 3.8%

(Recently seen in the University Arms)

Seven Hills

Golden best bitter with an intense hoppy taste provided by a mixture of Challenger and Fuggles hops. 4.2%

Golden Frame

Dry, crisp, golden summer ale. Well-hopped with First Gold, an English hedgerow hop with a refreshing orange aroma. 3.9%

The new Sheffield Brewery Company's first experimental brews are now available.

The Gardener's Rest has all four of the beers currently available, and the odd cask can be found elsewhere:

First Brew

4.2% Premium Bitter

Second Brew

3.5% Session Beer

Third Brew

3.7% Best Bitter

Fourth Brew

3.8% Golden Beer

The 'First' and 'Fourth' became available today.

These are the first trial beers from Sheffield Brewery who I am advised will be aiming to have three regular beers (the names yet to be announced) along with monthly specials. Looks promising - be the first to sample them while they last. :)

Well where is The Gardeners Rest then Meaks. ? Im having the Premium Bitter of course !:D

Well where is The Gardeners Rest then Meaks. ? Im having the Premium Bitter of course !:D

Neepsend Lane.

I tried the First Brew tonight, not to my taste (a bit too pale and hoppy) but good beer none the less. I am hoping for a nice strong dark ale, stout or porter... :)

There was an article about the brewery in tonights Star I believe.

Real Ale seems to have an improved image these days and is seen as the premium quality option, and the market is growing I believe.

The Gardeners Rest is the official brewery tap as the landlord there also co-owns the brewery, this pub is on Neepsend Lane. 53 bus stops right outside.

Some of the beers have also been seen in the Milestone, Kelham Island Tavern, Fat Cat and others in the area.

The official brewery launch takes place Saturday evening at the Gardeners Rest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived