Windsurfing

blueewe

I've recently started windsurfing at rothervalley country park and although i'm still very much a beginner i was wondering whether there are any windsurfing clubs around the Sheffield area or whether anyone fancies coming along and trying it as i don't seam to be able to tempt my friends to come with me............ don't worry i fall in at least once every time i go but its still loads of fun

• 7 months later...

Did anyone reply?

I'm moving up from Plymouth (paradoxically I sail more in lakes than at sea -which is a bit of a risk).

I looked at rother valley and thought it looked a bit weedy.

Carsington has much more potential but a bit of a way.

Are there any other places worth going e.g. for certain wind directions, stable winds etc.?

I'm nit sure about formal clubs but I guess surfers get to know each other quickly enough.

I'm still waiting for the warmer weather but yep I'm up for it and love it. I use a small salom board so have problems turning 180deg lol:D . Summer time I'm normally at cleethorpes its free fun and my mum lives there so kill two birds with one stone. last count I think I got 5 boards (old older than moses) and various wet suits.

Archived