Gatecrasher - who used to go?

bensonhedges

Oh my god, I had forgotten about Occassions, was it that long ago!!! Friday nights bouncing from wall to wall, chewing so hard that the next day I couldn't move my jaw, stopped for a few years, needed the rest, then back to it, but more this time, Fridays at Rise and Saturdays at Gatecrasher, what a great time. Now old but not wise, (35) if I still lived in Sheffield I'm sure I'd still be up for it!!!

I used to go to 'crasher at the arches and the adelphi. I went a couple of times to republic but didn't enjoy it as much.

I've have vague memories of coming out of the arches, going to niche until 12 pm and then an after party in a dodgy pub somewhere.

Oh my god, I had forgotten about Occassions, was it that long ago!!! Friday nights bouncing from wall to wall, chewing so hard that the next day I couldn't move my jaw, stopped for a few years, needed the rest, then back to it, but more this time, Fridays at Rise and Saturdays at Gatecrasher, what a great time. Now old but not wise, (35) if I still lived in Sheffield I'm sure I'd still be up for it!!!

Nail on head :D Fantastic memories :thumbsup: Loved occasions :love: Loved Rise :love: and Loved Gatecrasher :love: I've been to GC at Republic a couple of times but it just wasn't the same ... I am 34 though!! Gatecrasher just isn't Gatecrasher anymore in my opinion. They should never have branded clubs!!! It seems wrong :rolleyes:

It was definitely the best night of my life too, even the chill out room was too packed to chill out, even though it was outside!! Where did you used to stand to dance, I was either near to the stage or stood on the balcony at the left, god what an atmosphere, everyone used to be sooo nice, I don't think the kids today will ever understand the meaning of clubbing!!

right next to the speakers on the dance floor, i still have ringing in my ears!! feeling the music through your body is amazin.. it certainly puts u in the mood. when ever i couldn't get in to a night, i stood in front of the WALL of speakers.. it always does the trick

i remember 1 night the police came and told them to turn the music down, because people all over sheffield were complaining that it was to loud haha

I'm not in Sheffield anymore, millions of miles away on the Isle of Man, great place but not much of a clubbing experience over here. Went to see Lisa Lashes a couple of years ago, she was good, also Guy Ornadel came over about 4 years ago but didn't get to see him, was working, I would have pulled a sickie back in the days but have 2 kids to support now so I have to be a good girl (well kind of!!)

Archived