Gatecrasher - who used to go?

bensonhedges

Slightly off-topic but ... I was into my acid house and big raves back in the late 80's early 90's (think AGCG Voodoo Ray, Richie Rich and Frankie Knuckles!) was anything happening in sheffield at the time?

I used to live in the south then and was aware of the Hacienda and the State, Quandrant Park etc but were there any similar clubs in sheffield then?

i also remember Warp Records, i think they were from sheffield (i think nightmares on wax were from sheff?)

(by the way i worked at Gatecrasher for a couple of years!)

Slightly off-topic but ... I was into my acid house and big raves back in the late 80's early 90's (think AGCG Voodoo Ray, Richie Rich and Frankie Knuckles!) was anything happening in sheffield at the time?

I used to live in the south then and was aware of the Hacienda and the State, Quandrant Park etc but were there any similar clubs in sheffield then?

i also remember Warp Records, i think they were from sheffield (i think nightmares on wax were from sheff?)

(by the way i worked at Gatecrasher for a couple of years!)

there was a night at the old PALIE on london road..

I remember warp records, wasn't it on Division Street, always packed, loads of white labels. What did you do at Gatecrasher, were you a bouncer? Was it at the Arches or Adelphi?

yeh but the first shop was under the hole in the road.... they used to sell all the t-shirts and jumpers with the mad logo's like "Rizzla" in the style of wrigley's spearmint gum wrappers and loads of other top brands with ref to drugs.... Classic!!! :thumbsup:

I remember going to the palais for my 21st birthday and top buzz was playing, can anyone remember the names of the pirate radio stations that were on at the time?

lol... god yeh... hardcore fm.... fantasy radio fm... SCR....Errr i'll have think if i remember anymore :thumbsup:

It was SCR I was thinking of, my ex used to spin a few tunes on there, I think it came from the Kelvin flats, all these things that you put to the back of your mind cos you run out of storage space up there, suddenly come rushing back, good times, great memories, did you ever go to the outdoor event, can't remember what it was called, but it was near the Don Valley stadium?

Archived