Gatecrasher - who used to go?

bensonhedges

It was SCR I was thinking of, my ex used to spin a few tunes on there, I think it came from the Kelvin flats, all these things that you put to the back of your mind cos you run out of storage space up there, suddenly come rushing back, good times, great memories, did you ever go to the outdoor event, can't remember what it was called, but it was near the Don Valley stadium?

yeh it was, and the others were in norfolk park flats and there was one in herdings park flats aswell....!! no i dont think i went to that!

Slightly off-topic but ... I was into my acid house and big raves back in the late 80's early 90's (think AGCG Voodoo Ray, Richie Rich and Frankie Knuckles!) was anything happening in sheffield at the time?

I used to live in the south then and was aware of the Hacienda and the State, Quandrant Park etc but were there any similar clubs in sheffield then?

i also remember Warp Records, i think they were from sheffield (i think nightmares on wax were from sheff?)

(by the way i worked at Gatecrasher for a couple of years!)

Sheffield was one of the first places to play House at places like Jive Turkey and the Leadmill midweek (the steamer?) in the mid/late 80s when everyone in London was still into their rare groove!

WARP were of course from Sheffield (whats now FOPP used to be the WARP shop) - dont think Nightmares on Wax were though.

Hi well i am 18 in a week so me and my mates are going to end up in the Gatecrasher. I have been to the Kingdom which i thought was good but have heard Gatecrasher wipes the floor with Kingdom. I suppose just starting clubbing i am easily pleased.

However after listening to my aunty describe where she went and what it was like then it seems as though Sheffield has lost THAT clubbing experience. Was it the Palais (sp?) on london road, she always goes on about how the best of her clubbing days was in there. Other places too but i have forgot the names, josephenes rings a bell though.

Hi well i am 18 in a week so me and my mates are going to end up in the Gatecrasher. I have been to the Kingdom which i thought was good but have heard Gatecrasher wipes the floor with Kingdom. I suppose just starting clubbing i am easily pleased.

However after listening to my aunty describe where she went and what it was like then it seems as though Sheffield has lost THAT clubbing experience. Was it the Palais (sp?) on london road, she always goes on about how the best of her clubbing days was in there. Other places too but i have forgot the names, josephenes rings a bell though.

Palis on london road was a hard core rave venue, easy D and co.. then turned to music factory (which was another amazin night) then BED which was another good night with roger sanchez appearing often..

current good nights are at plug ( love 2 be), husstle (bar matrix), fuzzy duck (New Arches), gatecrasher events, these are in my opinion

Palis on london road was a hard core rave venue, easy D and co.. then turned to music factory (which was another amazin night) then BED which was another good night with roger sanchez appearing often..

current good nights are at plug ( love 2 be), husstle (bar matrix), fuzzy duck (New Arches), gatecrasher events, these are in my opinion

I'll bare them in mind for future nights out, cheers.

Oh my god, I had forgotten about Occassions, was it that long ago!!! Friday nights bouncing from wall to wall, chewing so hard that the next day I couldn't move my jaw, stopped for a few years, needed the rest, then back to it, but more this time, Fridays at Rise and Saturdays at Gatecrasher, what a great time. Now old but not wise, (35) if I still lived in Sheffield I'm sure I'd still be up for it!!!

Yeh, occasions was where it all started for me, but think i went on Saturdays.

Loads of bleeps & basslines.

Only went to Gatecrasher once at the Arches & hated it. Uncomfortable dancefloor, tripey, inoffensive housemusic.

Archived