Gatecrasher - who used to go?

bensonhedges

it would but where would we go?

bed is no more, crasher is souless, dq isn't big enough, leadmill isn't practical, limit has restrictions theres really only one solution much as i hate to say it. void might do it

Crasher may be souless as it is but just think how much 'soul' could be injected into the club with the right DJ's. It's certainly big enough and it'd easily get filled :) Like you said in an earlier post "A club is only ever as good as it's residents" :thumbsup:

i'm co-promoting a night now. its doable but the hardest bit would be getting the venue

How are you finding the promoting? Is it difficult or are you just flyering and flyposting?

I see what you're saying about the venue, but any 'real' club manager worth his salt would see the obvious profit potential from such a venture??

How are you finding the promoting? Is it difficult or are you just flyering and flyposting?

I see what you're saying about the venue, but any 'real' club manager worth his salt would see the obvious profit potential from such a venture??

its not difficult but you need patience and stamina and a thick skin.

club managers are a different breed, to get one who knows about clubbing and cares about it is difficult. most of them just see the bottom line and they only look at that if they are certain its going to be in their favour

its not difficult but you need patience and stamina and a thick skin.

club managers are a different breed, to get one who knows about clubbing and cares about it is difficult. most of them just see the bottom line and they only look at that if they are certain its going to be in their favour

So a field in the middle of nowhere it is then :hihi: On a serious note though ... I'm sure it's a viable project :thumbsup:

I think I just might have a point :) It's worth a thought though. I've never been a promoter before ..... Goes into dream mode

So come on then you old skoolerz ... how many of you would actually go to such an event?

i'd love to go to an old skool event although most of the stuff wouldn't sound good now! the old techno and belgium/european new beat wouldn't, maybe some of the bleep and whirly stuff would sound ok.

my top 3 old tunes that i'd love to hear would probably be;

joey beltram - energy flash

richie rich - salsa house

frankie knuckles - your love

Wow what a lot of old heads there are on here. As someone else said, Occasions was where it all started for me too, TechnoCity on a Friday night. Also used to go to some big raves at the Nelson Mandela centre around the same time - 89 to 90. The Jam Factory was another big night at the Palais and Rise at the Leadmill was the best ever, in my opinion - a classic mix of locals and students havin it so large I'm surprised the roof stayed on. I bet I know some of you guys - I've got loads of photos but no way of puttin them on the net to link to. Ah well, happy days!!!

Nelson Mandela was a great venue & was indeed the first big event I went to- 24th August 1990, 2 days after my 18th. LFO live, but they never showed. Can't remember who was djing. It may have been called Sunrise, but obviously had nothing to do with the big Sunrise Orbital events (to the best of my knowledge).

Also remember a wicked Jon da Silva set from there & a great Stu Allen night.

My fave venue though was the City Hall Ballroom. It was just perfect in terms of size etc...is it still there, putting on events?

That'd be great & although the authorities banned all raves from there, times have changed & if you got a big Jive Turkey/Winston hazell push, it might work.

Archived