Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

Nickcc

Seriously, Just pick one that's reasonably priced and cross your fingers. We are currently buying and selling - accepted an offer in March - and have just found out our buyers haven't even had their mortgage approved, even though our solicitor has always insisted they have. Also, Their solicitor is unbelievably slow and extremely evasive - and BOTH of these clowns have been recommended on this forum. Everyone has different experiences of the same firms - bit of a lottery. Hope it works out for you.

• 5 months later...

I'm afraid I have to add to the list of bad experiences received from Taylor and Emmet.

A simple no chain sale to a first time buyer was held up by them unduly, what should have been 6 weeks took nearer to 13. A constant stream of excuses, and lack of explanation on what was happening did not amuse (when you could reach them).

I wrote a complaint to them and received a semi-apologetic response from one of the partners along with a small compensation amount, so I accepted that and drew a line under the whole sorry mess, but I would never use them for conveyancing, and I could not recommend them to my worst enemy.

They might be fantastic in other areas however.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As house deeds are now stored electronically, the thick folder of paper deeds is basically available for the homeowner to have if required. (I know the Nationwide building society were sending them out last year). Maybe (and it’s only a suggestion) there could be some paperwork within the paper deeds with reference to the conveyance firm that was used?

As house deeds are now stored electronically, the thick folder of paper deeds is basically available for the homeowner to have if required. (I know the Nationwide building society were sending them out last year). Maybe (and it’s only a suggestion) there could be some paperwork within the paper deeds with reference to the conveyance firm that was used?

No I have given everything to the solicitor we are using for our current sale, nothing there.

I made a big mistake using the one we are at the moment, our buyers are using the same one and I feel it's a conflict of interest due to problems that have arisen