Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

Nickcc

I would recommend that you use a comparison site that shows reviews from previous users. By doing that you are sure to find the best prices for legal fees and also find out what other clients have to say about them. I have use propertysolicitorquotes.co.uk in the past to get mine but if you search in Google for conveyancing comparison website you will find loads to choose from.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I looked round but cannot see anything.

I am soon going to need a conveyancing solicitor. I am selling only and I have all the deeds and there is no mortgage on the property.

A quick check online seems to give me flat rates which cover the cost of obtaining deeds and sorting out mortgage payments which I do not need to pay for.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor I should go to?

Jeffrey shaw a moderator on here is a solicitor dealing with conveyancing and can be recommended

Seconded. Dealt with my first time buyer house purchase. Very professional chap & I will be calling on him again in a year or two when I wish to purchase the freehold on my property.

We've used Jeffery Shaw services three times so far with no problems, so we'd have no worries in recommending him.

The main good point with Jeffery is you get what you pay for.

Thank you!

Oh, and- unlike elsewhere- we don't have a call handling system: just either me or the answering machine!

As the title says :-)

Our agent is pushing us to go with countrywide, but the internet is full of terrible reviews about them. My husband signed up with them on Monday, but I've just called to cancel after reading the poor reviews.

People seem to think going with a local lawyer is the best idea.

Thanks in advance :-)

As the title says :-)

Our agent is pushing us to go with countrywide, but the internet is full of terrible reviews about them. My husband signed up with them on Monday, but I've just called to cancel after reading the poor reviews.

People seem to think going with a local lawyer is the best idea.

Thanks in advance :-)

You are correct. Taylor and Emmet or HLW Keeble Hawson are the two best local lawyers imho.

I'm somewhat confused.

I emailed my agent to inform them of our wish to cancel as we read such poor reviews online, and they said it isn't actually Countrywide they go through, it's Taylor and Emmet. So why did we get a letter from countrywide and why is it going through them?