Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

Nickcc

Completing soon with Taylor and Emmet on a £125000 house so was in a similar situation to you a few months ago. They weren't the cheapest quote I had at around £1000 but were highly recommended on here. They've been brilliant so far, always get back to me, sometimes just minutes after I email which was really reassuring as a FTB. Still plenty of time to go wrong but so far very good!

I used Coates in Mosborough for my recent purchase and they were great, decently priced, acted for my mortgage lender (HSBC) and did everything quickly and efficiently (could have been 6 weeks to completion, turned out to be 11 as the house needed work after the survey). Admittedly, they're not in the City Centre but I only had to go into their office twice (once to show my ID, once to sign the contracts), so it wasn't that difficult to manage (even for me and I don't drive).

Since moving to Sheffield last year, we've used Jeffrey Shaw services twice. He has been very detailed in his work so far and looks after his clients interests.

This Forum has been a real g_dsend since we've moved here for tradesmen and Information.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Lindsay Coates at Coates in Mosborough. She was great, really efficient, explained everything to me in language I could understand and they were really well priced. I could have completed in six weeks but the house needed a few bits of work doing, so it was more like 11 but none of the delay was down to the solicitor.