The best pubs in sheffield city centre for a good sit down drinking session ?

Beebop

OK, you know how it is, sometimes you don't want to go pub crawling round the bars, you want a good booze up with the lads. The mrs is out of the way at home (hopefully doing the pots) and you are out with the lads.

My nomination is.

Old Monk, never too crowded and they have sports on too.....

OK, you know how it is, sometimes you don't want to go pub crawling round the bars, you want a good booze up with the lads. The mrs is out of the way at home (hopefully doing the pots) and you are out with the lads.

My nomination is.

Buy her a dishwasher Beebop, then she can join you !!! :D

My nomination is.

Problem with the Old Monk for me is that it is far to echoy. I can't really enjoy myself there anymore.

I quite like City Bar but for watching football Cutlers isn't bad or even Bar S1 on West Street.

I like the Dev Cat, it's just a Pub that does what a Pub should do, sells beer, and soft drinks, and does some nice grub.

You can have a chat in there while you're sat drinking and don't have to shout over obscenely loud so called "music", and the prices behind the bar aren't TOO dear for a Town Pub, any Pub where I can make a fiver last me the 2 hours I'm in there is OK with me.

I nominate a number of pubs that you could go around away from the city centre, traditional, good ale, one of them I know has sports on.

There's the Milestone, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Riverside, Gardners rest, Cask and Cutler, and not too sure as I haven't been in this one but the Ship inn, all located more or less in the same area.

Archived