Sheffield Tea Pot Question

BrizMatt

Gudday

Am moving in a few weeks and going through some old boxes. I found a few items with 'sheffield' stamped on them & thought that someone here may be able to fill me in on where they came from. Have had some things handed down & pick up some other items at garage sales........so, any info would be appreciated. Unfortunately, the digital camera is on the blink, but I will be as descriptive as possible.

Item 1:

A tea pot.....silver. The only markings on the whole thing are

EPBM

Sheffield

**This is on the bottom underside of the teapot and are the only markings. There are no other words or symbols listed. Teapot has a black handle. If tapped, it sounds hollow (the handle of course...am sure the teapot does also) ;-)

Item 2:

Little silver jug. Has a handle on both sides & no pouring lip. Would probably hold 100-150 mls of fluid. Don't even know what it would be used for. It could hold 10 sugar cubes I guess. It has the same EPBM Sheffield but does not have a number.

Thoughts/Info.....Help....

Please post or email me at matthew.crawshaw@gmail.com

Regards

Matt

EPBM = Electro Plated Britannia Metal. Silver plate over base metal. Not sure what the numbers represent though.

Afterthought:

0160 could signify a limited run of 1000 and yours is number 160 of that run.............maybe!!

Handle possibly 'Bakelite'.

Correct, the items are silver plated Britannia Metal (BM). The handle could be bakelite or some kind of fibre, its unlikely the handle is hollow.

The small jug you described is in fact a sugar bowl, so you were heading in the right direction.

Both items are not of any significant value i'm affraid.

Archived