Bankers Draft Closed For One Week!!

goldenfleece

Wetherspoons are currently refurbishing all their pubs to serve "the coldest drinks in town" - they recently closed their Leeds one for a week to do the same thing. I find it quite amusing that the fashion now is for lagers, keg beers and ciders to be served as cold as possible to disguise the fact they don't actually taste of anything.

In fairness to w/spoons, they have assured customers that their real ales will continue to be served at room temperature - personally I've always found w/spoons real ales to be served too cold, but that may just be me.

Hey, the Wetherspoons Huntsman at the top of Cambridge street is ace. The beer like the Abbeydale Brewery's Absolution & Pale Rider is excellent & is the IPA & Abbot ale, all at 1.59 a pint!

The place is well air conditioned, spacey & friendly & serves food until late, which is ok if your hungry, never said it was haut quisine!

Rom

The Bankers is shut for a refurb.....dont forget we are next door , so if DONT wear tracksuit bottoms and wear a baseball cap, you are all more than welcome.....more real ales than most other pubs in town!!:thumbsup:

Been in the dove a few times beer kept really well I drink larger and its suprising how many pubs manage to get that wrong! probably not cleaning pipes regularly enough.

Be nice to see a good premium larger on draft not stella though.

Been in the dove a few times beer kept really well I drink larger and its suprising how many pubs manage to get that wrong! probably not cleaning pipes regularly enough.

Be nice to see a good premium larger on draft not stella though.

Not been in for a week or so have you !

There is now "Staropramen" on draught - 5.0 %

Fantastic stuff...hic :hihi:

I agree, as much as I love real ales, the STAROPRAMEN is a really tasty and rounded continental lager, just the right temperature and not to be confused with the excessively gassed up fizzy tasteless stuff served at temperatures belonging to the South Pole...er liquid nitrogen or something...(read EXTRA COLD lager)

Wetherspoons are currently refurbishing all their pubs to serve "the coldest drinks in town" - they recently closed their Leeds one for a week to do the same thing. I find it quite amusing that the fashion now is for lagers, keg beers and ciders to be served as cold as possible to disguise the fact they don't actually taste of anything.

They keep making it colder and colder...soon all lager drinkers will be on the liquid nitrogen, served at minus 300 degrees or whatever it is, for that real body shattering experience!!!!

perhaps also in the future, the trend may turn around and "warm lager" will make a comeback!!!!

the dove and rainbow looks really nice, but is it just for rock type people???

will i feel out of place if i go in after work one day in my suit?!

you may do if it's your birthday suit lol.

no never, the dove people are quite charming, a fair mix gets in there.

Archived