Can anyone help me locate Dee Street?

LoopyLou

On a marriage certificate from 1852 - My relative's address is listed as Dee Street. Presumably in sheffield - but where ?

I am trying to locate this persons father in the census records and not having any luck. If I could work out where the road is - I might be able to search the census records for that particular area.

any help or advice - very much appreciated.

On a marriage certificate from 1852 - My relative's address is listed as Dee Street. Presumably in sheffield - but where ?

I am trying to locate this persons father in the census records and not having any luck. If I could work out where the road is - I might be able to search the census records for that particular area.

Hi

As far as i can tell it was in central Sheffield, in the parish of St Judes, according to the 1901 census.

regards Capricorn_11

I have a 1958 Sheffield Street guide that says Dee St. ran between Chester Street and Devonshire Lane . Hope that helps some .

CherryNicole - thank you for the map - very interesting - I know the general area now which is useful.

Capricorn11 - thank you for the tip!

Clocker - I've checked streetmap (2007!) and there is still a devonshire lane - but not a chester street - right in the centre of sheffield off devonshire street.

Hennypenny - thank you for the offer - but the real fun is cracking it yourself.

thanks again everyone! - i'm off on the research trail again :D

• 4 years later...

I have a street guide 1967 68 edition,Dee St, 54 Chester St,to Devonshire Lane sheffield 1. there was also a Dee Lane

Archived