Microphones in Meadowhall!

Tyranna

Just as a matter of curiosity, this.

I was having lunch in the Oasis in Meadowhall yesterday, when I noticed that there are several microphones dangling from long cables fixed to the ceiling around the edges of the big dome. What are these for? I ssume they are related to some kind of sound-level monitoring, or maybe just picking up ambient sound. If for sound-level monitoring, unlike in a club where all the noise comes from a loud PA, you wouldn't be able to control the ambient sound of several thousand people chatting!

Please enlighten me as to the purpose of this!

I installed this system.

The microphones monitor the level of the noise and they feed the sound level to a unit that automatically adjusts the volume of the speakers to how much noise is being generated by the people that are in The Oasis.

It is so that, when it is empty and quiet, the speakers are low level. When it is full and noisy they go to a higher level automatically.

It's so that you hear the adverts at all times what ever the background noise is.

Next time you go, look for the big green speakers. I put those up and each time I go, I check they are still hanging there. I don't like heights and we had to do it at 2 in the morning.

Incidentaly, there is a ' carbon copy ' of Meadowhall in Jakarta, Indonisia. I fitted that one too.

If you look at my location < it is the truth.

Hope this answers your question. :thumbsup:

I installed this system.

The microphones monitor the level of the noise and they feed the sound level to a unit that automatically adjusts the volume of the speakers to how much noise is being generated by the people that are in The Oasis.

It is so that, when it is empty and quiet, the speakers are low level. When it is full and noisy they go to a higher level automatically.

It's so that you hear the adverts at all times what ever the background noise is.

Next time you go, look for the big green speakers. I put those up and each time I go, I check they are still hanging there. I don't like heights and we had to do it at 2 in the morning.

Incidentaly, there is a ' carbon copy ' of Meadowhall in Jakarta, Indonisia. I fitted that one too.

If you look at my location < it is the truth.

Hope this answers your question. :thumbsup:

Good for you.:thumbsup:

I'm off to jakarta at the end of may and may be moving out there to live.

Let me have the address of the place and I'll have a peek.

Archived