Microphones in Meadowhall!

Tyranna

two things

They're not green anymore they're white I think to match the rest of the oasis

and the system obviously doesn't work well as it's just as loud at 6:30am in the morning as it is at 6:30pm lol

Well, I don't go to Meadowhall much nowadays, but the speakers we installed were green to match the paint work. Maybe they have changed the colour scheme.

The system did work, in terms of the volume, when we installed it. They have a control room. Maybe someone has messed with it and now it doesn't.

But that's what the microphones are for.

I installed this system.

The microphones monitor the level of the noise and they feed the sound level to a unit that automatically adjusts the volume of the speakers to how much noise is being generated by the people that are in The Oasis.

It is so that, when it is empty and quiet, the speakers are low level. When it is full and noisy they go to a higher level automatically.

It's so that you hear the adverts at all times what ever the background noise is.

Next time you go, look for the big green speakers. I put those up and each time I go, I check they are still hanging there. I don't like heights and we had to do it at 2 in the morning.

Incidentaly, there is a ' carbon copy ' of Meadowhall in Jakarta, Indonisia. I fitted that one too.

If you look at my location < it is the truth.

Hope this answers your question. :thumbsup:

What an excellent response to a question! Not all the time we get an expert to explain something!!! Good old Sheffield Forum!!!

two things

They're not green anymore they're white I think to match the rest of the oasis

and the system obviously doesn't work well as it's just as loud at 6:30am in the morning as it is at 6:30pm lol

Presumably that's how it should be, if they were actually the same volume at 6.30am as they were at 6.30PM you wouldn't be able to hear them at 6.30pm and everybody would be deaf at 6.30am. Whereas if the volume sounds the same level all day long, then the system works.

Or am I misinterpreting you and you're saying you get deafened at 6.30am and can't hear it at 6.30PM? ^_^

Presumably that's how it should be, if they were actually the same volume at 6.30am as they were at 6.30PM you wouldn't be able to hear them at 6.30pm and everybody would be deaf at 6.30am. Whereas if the volume sounds the same level all day long, then the system works.

Or am I misinterpreting you and you're saying you get deafened at 6.30am and can't hear it at 6.30PM? ^_^

Thank you. A good explanation. That's exactly as it should be.

CIA Homeland Security Directive URaA55 dictates that Member States should retain 24hr audio monitoring systems in all public places as part of the post 9/11 World Monitoring Memorandum of Understanding (UN Safety Release D0D0).

If you mention 3 keywords within 15 seconds your words are decoded at RAF Menwith Hill and you will be arrested for up to a maximum of 14 days without hearing to enable further investigations.

So there you go.

CIA Homeland Security Directive URaA55 dictates that Member States should retain 24hr audio monitoring systems in all public places as part of the post 9/11 World Monitoring Memorandum of Understanding (UN Safety Release D0D0).

If you mention 3 keywords within 15 seconds your words are decoded at RAF Menwith Hill and you will be arrested for up to a maximum of 14 days without hearing to enable further investigations.

So there you go.

Tony, I installed this in 1994. Well before 9/11.

What I said is it's function. If they are recording, that is not it's original purpose. Although they may be. I don't know.

Archived