Bluwater at Victoria Quays, opinions please.

LoopyLou

What is the food/atmosphere like in the evening mid week?

I need a venue for about 40 managers -

need a nice upper market venue serving a variety of reasonably priced food.

Local (first hand) knowledge very much appreciated

A group of about 40 of us went from my work at the weekend a few months ago and they have a back room, which is a good atmosphere that fit everyone in was still easy to talk to everybody in the group.

The food was unusual but nice, and the prices were not extortionate.

I would recommend it, but I don't know what it is like on a night in the week.

I've eaten in Bluwater a couple of times. The food has been quite nice. On a week night your party of 40 will probably be the only ones in there apart from maybe a couple of other people. No offence to Bluwater but because it's tucked away I don't think it gets very busy on week nights. I wouldn't say it's "upper market" as such, but it's a fairly pleasant place. If the weather's good then sitting outside having a couple of drinks is quite nice!

Bluwater is a fabulous venue and their food is first class.

The owner is a very friendly fella who will do whatever it takes to make you feel welcome

The food is consistently excellent - I've tried a few things on the menu (would DEFINITELY recommend the chilli) and have never been let down

Recommended.

• 1 month later...

Went to a birthday do there in the summer, my friend is vege so we had the vege buffet. Now I'll eat vegetarian food with no problems at all but .......... uuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just the look of it was enough to put me off my beer and the taste was awful. My advice - stay away from the vegetarian option.

Ended up in Uncle Sams for a good old burger!!!

Archived