Bluwater at Victoria Quays, opinions please.

LoopyLou

We went on Saturday and the food was great. The location is lovely and I'm sure it would be a good venue for a meeting. The decor could do with a rethink.

Te owner needs to take a look at what he's doing. He's been there 5 years and I think to be honest he's struggled to make it happen, it's had a few chefs and image changes.

We went on Saturday and the food was great. The location is lovely and I'm sure it would be a good venue for a meeting. The decor could do with a rethink.

Te owner needs to take a look at what he's doing. He's been there 5 years and I think to be honest he's struggled to make it happen, it's had a few chefs and image changes.

Hi

I was doing very well until the floods last year which did not affect me directly but hit an awful lot of my corporate customers and affected christmas last year as well. BUT despite this i have put down new floors throughout, a new sound system, new tables are ordered for the inside as well a a complete lighting overhaul. A painter and decorator is pencilled in for the beginning of July to finish the whole job off. A large part of the outdoor furniture is only 6 weeks old. We did try a menu last year which if im honest missed the mark and was probably too expensive for the area but which did win awards in North Yorkshire a few years ago so was probably a positioning error rather than food quality. The lack of footfall on Victoria Quays has always stopped me from developing the business in the usual manner but has allowed me to develop a party/wedding/function business that offers something different to every other offering in the area. With increased footfall, far more residential properties on our doorstep the future looks bright.

We aim to become a bar with an exceptional local food offering, a strong wine list, a quality music policy from samba, accoustic and american songbook through the day livening it up through the evening perhaps with an indie set later on. Anyway ad over thanks for reading watch this space

Bob

Hi

I was doing very well until the floods last year which did not affect me directly but hit an awful lot of my corporate customers and affected christmas last year as well. BUT despite this i have put down new floors throughout, a new sound system, new tables are ordered for the inside as well a a complete lighting overhaul. A painter and decorator is pencilled in for the beginning of July to finish the whole job off. A large part of the outdoor furniture is only 6 weeks old. We did try a menu last year which if im honest missed the mark and was probably too expensive for the area but which did win awards in North Yorkshire a few years ago so was probably a positioning error rather than food quality. The lack of footfall on Victoria Quays has always stopped me from developing the business in the usual manner but has allowed me to develop a party/wedding/function business that offers something different to every other offering in the area. With increased footfall, far more residential properties on our doorstep the future looks bright.

We aim to become a bar with an exceptional local food offering, a strong wine list, a quality music policy from samba, accoustic and american songbook through the day livening it up through the evening perhaps with an indie set later on. Anyway ad over thanks for reading watch this space

Bob

Jumbo buffet? Burger from Yankies? Alternatives to the Bluwater?

Honestly! don't listen to them Bob.. only listen to your true prospective guests or paying ones, not the so called "forum Foodies" on here who think of going to Damons or Frankie & Bennies is a culinary treat!

Bluwater - fantasic venue and food... i'm sure there are a few eateries in sheffield who's menus have been inspired by yours.

Keep up the good work and carry on doing what your doing.

Jumbo buffet? Burger from Yankies? Alternatives to the Bluwater?

Honestly! don't listen to them Bob.. only listen to your true prospective guests or paying ones, not the so called "forum Foodies" on here who think of going to Damons or Frankie & Bennies is a culinary treat!

Bluwater - fantasic venue and food... i'm sure there are a few eateries in sheffield who's menus have been inspired by yours.

Keep up the good work and carry on doing what your doing.

I was a paying guest at Bluwater, and have never been to Jumbo Buffet, Damons or Frankie & Bennies. I have been to Yankees but don't see it as an alternative to Bluwater. You missed a bit off your post which is to ignore anyones opinions that conflict with your own.

I work close to Bluwater and so I have been a few times sometimes just for a drink and also eaten there and on both accounts I can say everything was fantastic , the service , the drinks and the food all really nice ......... infact me and my other half was thinking of something to do this saturday so if the weather is nice I think I may fancy popping down its really nice sat outside there on a sunny day !

Clare :wave:x

I was a paying guest at Bluwater, and have never been to Jumbo Buffet, Damons or Frankie & Bennies. I have been to Yankees but don't see it as an alternative to Bluwater. You missed a bit off your post which is to ignore anyones opinions that conflict with your own.

oh yes your right i did, but thanks for bringing it up.

• 1 month later...

Archived