Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Nothing wrong with people smoking outside, but not stood in the doorway of a pub or at the side of someone eating alfresco. This has stopped me going in the Golden Ball at Whiston, used to be a nice eating area outside now spoilt by ash trays full of cigarette ends in water, gangs of people hanging around chain smoking. The entrance is littered with cigarette ends and empty fag cartons ... yuk!

And so the precedent is set, first indoors is not acceptable, now outside 'near' a door isnt either. What would your ideal be then with regards to smoking in general?

How about a full blanket ban on smoking, would that be acceptable?

One that doesn't open? Unless you actually expect pubs to install air locks.

One that wouldnt open maybe, but I would suggest one that does open or technically it wouldnt be a door really would it, and God forbid someone sues for misrepresentation. Furthermore can you imagine the Health and Safety issues that could be exposed by a non opening door, in fact...I even think thats offensive.

And so the precedent is set, first indoors is not acceptable, now outside 'near' a door isnt either. What would your ideal be then with regards to smoking in general?

How about a full blanket ban on smoking, would that be acceptable?

No need for that ... just make them £20 a packet

Have you ever asked smoke to stay in a single room. It's not normally very obliging.

And you still have the problem of the H&S of the staff who have to collect glasses.

most clubs don't have have glass collectors anyway.... and if you keep the door shut or have a corridor inbetween it's fine. lets face it, older people have had it all their life life with smoke round them in pubs and clubs. i don't think most people would have a problem with having a smoking room. as for elf n safety....what a load of crap! :hihi:

Archived