Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Why is pointing out the bleating of junkies about their non existent rights is nonsense, moronic?

I don't actually intend to do punch smokers, even though it would be very stress relieving.

what non existant rights?

cigarettes are legal, that means if you are over 16 then you have the right to smoke if you want to.

to impose that habit on others especially when it affects their health is wrong and isn't your right.

punching people because you disagree with them is not legal, nor a right and by any definition a moronic thing to do

which is basically what i said. if its legal you've a right to do it. its your body you can do anything you like to it.

when your actions affect others in an adverse way then its time to do something about it.

if a bunch of people wish to go in a room and smoke whats the issue? you can't stop them any more than they can force you to suck down a pack of camels

So you won't force a child to inhale your smoke, but you'll force adults to inhale your smoke. Moron.

Very selfish moron.

i wouldnt't expect a child to decide whether or not he/she wants to smoke, whereas i would expect an adult too, therefore i would expect an avid non smoker such as yourself to decide not to go to a smoking venue and for children to be banned from going. This way all smokers can go to a smoking pub and all non smokers to a non smoking pub, and kids shouldnt really be in a pub anyway.

i wouldnt't expect a child to decide whether or not he/she wants to smoke, whereas i would expect an adult too, therefore i would expect an avid non smoker such as yourself to decide not to go to a smoking venue and for children to be banned from going. This way all smokers can go to a smoking pub and all non smokers to a non smoking pub, and kids shouldnt really be in a pub anyway.

So I shouldn't go to places as you are smoking. As I said above selfish moron.

You should decide not to smoke if others object to it. You don't have to smoke.

which is basically what i said. if its legal you've a right to do it. its your body you can do anything you like to it.

Being alllowed to purchase cigarettes does not give you the right to smoke them, when ever you want. There is a distinction. I can legally buy a stero but I have no right to play my music at full volume at 4am.

I repeat the point, being allowed to do something is not the same as having the right to something. - "The basic rights and freedoms to which all humans are entitled, often held to include the right to life and liberty, freedom of thought and expression, and equality before the law."

those are rights, not being allowed to selfishly indulge in a narcotic drug. So you have the right to opine that smokers have rights, but you would be incorrect in your opinion.

when your actions affect others in an adverse way then its time to do something about it.
And when I posited punching smokers, as smoking adversley affects others, you didn't like that suggestion. Are they really so different, both actions are antisocial and result in discomfort to the other person?

if a bunch of people wish to go in a room and smoke whats the issue? you can't stop them any more than they can force you to suck down a pack of camels
But smokers have been doing that to non-smokers for years. And that's the bit I object to.

I'm not anti others smoking, it's just that I have desire to join in with their habit and resent being forced to do when I go out. If I want to drink say a pint of beer, a wine drinker next to me would be very annoyed if I was to continually slop my beer into his glass. That's effectively what smokers do. They force other to partake of their toxic drugs, which is extraordinarilly selfish really and it's astonishing it's allowed at all really. And very soon it won't be.:thumbsup:

So I shouldn't go to places as you are smoking. As I said above selfish moron.

You should decide not to smoke if others object to it. You don't have to smoke.

As i said above you have a choice, you dont have to go to a pub, but you probably do because you want to, i don't have to smoke but i do because i want to.

If im in a room and encouraged to be racist, should i be racist because others object to me not being.

Fu££ that im my own person and ill make my own choices, if you dont want me to smoke - punch me - but im gonna punch you back.

calling people morons and threatening to punch people because they smoke suggest to me, you should be banned from public places along with smoking because both are found by many to be unpleasent

As i said above you have a choice, you dont have to go to a pub, but you probably do because you want to, i don't have to smoke but i do because i want to.
If someone goes to a pub it to have a drink/meet their mates, it's not because they want to join in other people's drug use. If you want to smoke fine, you go outside and have one. Expecting the majority, who do not smoke to put up with your addiction is junkie thinking.

If im in a room and encouraged to be racist, should i be racist because others object to me not being.
And the translation of that is?

Fu££ that im my own person and ill make my own choices, if you dont want me to smoke - punch me - but im gonna punch you back.
I don't mind you smoking, you can smoke as many fags as you want, making me smoke them is what I do object to. And that's the bit you don't seem to understand.

calling people morons and threatening to punch people because they smoke suggest to me, you should be banned from public places along with smoking because both are found by many to be unpleasent
As smoking seems to kill off brain cells I will explain once more.

Punching people is anti social as is smoking. I am not condoning either, just comparing the two.

I call people morons if they seem to have no brains, not because they smoke.:P

Archived