Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

I welcome the ban, if smokers want to smoke they can go outside and do it. Or are they so addicted. I love eating sweets but you dont see me scoffing my face every minute. Self control, will power and courtesy for others is not much to ask. Also do yourself and your health a favour and quit. Nasty habit.

why should i quit, it helps me cope with the stress that i am subjected to every day. I work very hard, always have done, but yet i can only buy a house if i go out with a man who works. I always said that i would take more pride in my life if i was given a house of my own to pay for out of my own money. Truth is, single people cannot buy properties on their own out of their wages, even if i did 2 jobs. I will choose to smoke and also, dont you think that if people are going in and out of clubs to smoke cigarettes, it leaves chance for people to sneak in drugs and weapons. Smoking revenue pays for a lot of the nhs, yet they are refusing to treat smokers, even tho we are paying for it. What about the obese people that make themselves disabled, then claim benefit. People should look at what it will do excluding smokers from enjoying a cig.

why should i quit, it helps me cope with the stress that i am subjected to every day.
The reason smoking reduces stress is because you are an addict and by using the drug that causes the craving, you feel better until the craving kicks in again. Give up smoking and you will be less stressed. Smoking raises you stress levels overall - it does not reduce stress.

Besides who said you should quit?

I work very hard, always have done, but yet i can only buy a house if i go out with a man who works. I always said that i would take more pride in my life if i was given a house of my own to pay for out of my own money. Truth is, single people cannot buy properties on their own out of their wages, even if i did 2 jobs.
Apart from that being irrelevent and nonsensical, you choose to smoke, which is an expensive habit and then complain about being poor.:loopy:

Smoking revenue pays for a lot of the nhs, yet they are refusing to treat smokers, even tho we are paying for it. What about the obese people that make themselves disabled, then claim benefit.
They do not refuse to treat smokers, but they may not bother to treat a smoker if by continuing to smoke it negates the treatment. Smokers are sometimes told to stop smoking so the treatment will work.

People should look at what it will do excluding smokers from enjoying a cig.
Or smokers should look at how their antisocial habit stops others enjoying themselves, rather than bleating on pathetically and trying to justify about their addiction.

Obesity and smoking is different. With obesity you are killing yourself, with smoking you are killing yourself and others which erm... really isn't fair is it :suspect:

Roll on July!

you could argue fat people consuming more starves others, and also without having paid an added premium to the nhs they are using valuable resources which could be used to save someones life who had say been in an RTA.

you could argue fat people consuming more starves others, and also without having paid an added premium to the nhs they are using valuable resources which could be used to save someones life who had say been in an RTA.

You could argue it but it's not really as dangerous as consuming cancer ridden chemicals courtesy of someone else :)

Unless they are planning to ban fat people from Mcd's, KFC and BK then he'd put more tax on booze :o

Archived