Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

anyone who would not report some one for obviously being off their head but will report anyone who lights up after july 1st is a hypacrit.

hey i've just had a summons to give evidence against a drug supplier - and if i learn of anyone smuggling fags i'll report them as well.

im going, all this is making me want a fag! by the way, if there is one person who smokes already at home that does not want to quit, how can I? I cant see how it will benefit my life to quit smoking. Oh and by the way, if fags go down in sales as a result of us lot giving up, your taxes will go up as a result. Would it not be better to support smokers and you non smokers pay less tax in the long run!

i'll pay extra tax - if you lot pack it in and make my life healthier.

As a 27 year old smoker myself, I support the ban. I LOVE having a fag and a beer in the pub, it really is one of life's little luxuries. However, I have praise for the govt. who have taken this major step to protect people's health and safeguard the future of our country.

Smoking is proven to be a major cause of numerous nasty diseases of which I really don't want to suffer from. And like so many people I have talked to about it, this is the perfect excuse/impetous to finally give it up. Even if you're intent on smoking outside of pubs, you will still smoke less, purely because it will be an inconvenience.

It is a nasty, dutty habit and people, including myself, really ought to learn from.

Let's all raise a glass to nice clean pubs! :thumbsup:

so when i go into gatecrasher and see nothing but evidence that coke has been snorted by all the up your own arse people, if that is not effecting me or my 18 year old nephew that i want to take clubbing then you are all talkin ******.

How do you know they are taking drugs?

i am giving up on this one.

Your own health is more important than helping someone who has gone thru great hardship.

Nobody has encouraged me positively to stop smoking, even tho i have given personal details about my life.

People ask if im loaded, but i keep on getting robbed of the few things i have.

I just have to cope with the fact that even if i stopped, i will still be homeless once my parents die. I

f that is not a reason to smoke to releave stress and nobody can come up with a solution, you should mind your own business, we will all have to go along with the law (even tho it wont be enforced) and as i said, you all tolerate drug taking but winge about cigarettes.

This country is going downhill and i cant wait to earn enough money to get out. Smoking is not the only cause of cancer and death, stress helps with that.

The situation the government puts single working women in is sickening, the fact that we cant own our own property without looking for a bloke who can pay half the mortgage because it is impossible for a woman to support herself like i have been trying to do since i left school.

Thats why i smoke, why should i not have the choice to when i dont have the choice to do anything else right in my life.

Nobody has actually agreed or disagreed that there is no point in being healthy when its not safe to walk the streets. They are trying to push us out of our cars and i have been attacked on more than one occassion on the street and in my own home.

I am going to continue to smoke when i choose until someone comes up with a solution to all of the problems i face everyday.

You may be right, it will improve the smell of peoples clothes. Im just shocked at the narrow mindedness of the british people of today.

I am going to stick to the local pubs where the smoking ban will never be enforced while 90 percent of the customers smoke or their partners do.

How do i know people are taking drugs, coz i have seen it for years, i know what druggies look like coz i have been burgled by smackheads and robbed at knifepoint by crackheads.

Nobody seems to care, i thought people did. Just coz i smoke, you are classing me as bad as the hard drug users or convicts. I am just buying a legal product that the government endorses and has done knowing that it is harmful but still selling it to the public and not offering enough support to quit. Have you seen what making a regular smoker stop does? The shock can kill you. Lets just have some consideration if your life has not been stressful eh!

i.

I am going to stick to the local pubs where the smoking ban will never be enforced while 90 percent of the customers smoke or their partners do.

!

and due to people still smoking in local pubs, i can't go and see Johnny Steel perform.

most of the smokers would be regukars who don't care who's performing.

Nobody has encouraged me positively to stop smoking

I would have thought the prices of a pack of cigarettes would encourage anyone, it encouraged me!

we will all have to go along with the law (even tho it wont be enforced)

Oh it will :) The fines pretty much guarentee that.

and as i said, you all tolerate drug taking but winge about cigarettes.

I've seen no reply that condones drug taking the two are very different matters, with one you killing yourself with the other you are killing everyone around you

Smoking is not the only cause of cancer and death, stress helps with that.

So stress can cause death, very true by why try and avoid the possibility with another method that will also end up killing you :huh:

Thats why i smoke, why should i not have the choice to when i dont have the choice to do anything else right in my life.

You have the choice to smoke :) Just not the choice to kill others while you do it.

I am going to stick to the local pubs where the smoking ban will never be enforced

The last I heard it was all pubs and clubs, by doing so you risk the fine :) And if your local landlord wishes to keep his businees and avoid the £2500 fines then he'll abide by the smoking law.

If that is not a reason to smoke to releave stress and nobody can come up with a solution, you should mind your own business, we will all have to go along with the law (even tho it wont be enforced) and as i said, you all tolerate drug taking but winge about cigarettes.

Well as I pointed out earlier, smoking increases your stress levels are you are addicted to nicotine. Having a fag reduces craving [briefly] and you temporarily feel better, but if you didn't smoke in the first place you would be less stressed to start with. You are an addict and need a fix to make you feel less bad. Not make you feel better.

As for the rest of your ramblings...well they are ramblings and also show you do not read posts made by others as many things you accuse other posters of saying are simply not true. Like we tolerate drug taking. Actually, you'll find we do not tolerate being forced to smoke, which is quite different.

Archived