Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

How do i know people are taking drugs, coz i have seen it for years, i know what druggies look like coz i have been burgled by smackheads and robbed at knifepoint by crackheads.
So everyone in Gatecrasher is a smackhead/crackhead? Funny how wrong people can be. I've been asked on numerous occasions if I sell drugs in clubs. Why? I'm enjoying myself dancing, so some idiots assume I must be off my head on drugs.

if someone goes to a pub and does not drink, the landlord would not have a business!

why extend licencing laws so people can drink pop and water, you can drink that at home

Coke often costs more than beer, and newsflash, you can drink beer at home as well.

No they don't, end of. Your losing your argument now as you are resorting to blaming everything else but your addiction.

im pretty sure there are pubs that flout the ban and also which will definetly flout it when having a lock in.

if i was having a lock i know that i wouldn't want to have the type of customer who complains about cigareet use in.

Well as I pointed out earlier, smoking increases your stress levels are you are addicted to nicotine. Having a fag reduces craving [briefly] and you temporarily feel better, but if you didn't smoke in the first place you would be less stressed to start with. You are an addict and need a fix to make you feel less bad. Not make you feel better.

As for the rest of your ramblings...well they are ramblings and also show you do not read posts made by others as many things you accuse other posters of saying are simply not true. Like we tolerate drug taking. Actually, you'll find we do not tolerate being forced to smoke, which is quite different.

have you not thought that the increased stress levels in smokers might be because stressed people are more likely to smoke and began to releive a great stress in the first place

talking to a manager of a licensed premises about the ban the other day, he began to tell me about the building work due to take place to provide an area for smokers which abided by the rules and was pretty much "inside". this leads me to think, also why not just serve beer etc outside to save the smokers the hassle of walking in/out to get a drink.

have you not thought that the increased stress levels in smokers might be because stressed people are more likely to smoke and began to releive a great stress in the first place
No, because why would you decide to smoke simply because you are stressed. Nicotine is a stimulant not a relaxant As I said before and as Plekhanov says above, it's the nicotine addiction and craving that causes the stress that a cigarette relieves.

Smokers have higher levels of stress than non smokers. even when they smoke to relieve their stress, which is caused by smoking. You're a junkie craving a fix, of course you are stressed.

im pretty sure there are pubs that flout the ban and also which will definetly flout it when having a lock in.

if i was having a lock i know that i wouldn't want to have the type of customer who complains about cigareet use in.

Weren't lock-ins a result of strict licencing laws? So now they are relaxed, there's no point in a lock in surely?

Why do people come on here and state they are going to break a law, do you want kudos for being rebelious or help as you are a sad junkie who cannot live without his fags. Which is kind of ironic as you spent a long time yesterday, saying how much you despise gays.:hihi:

No, because why would you decide to smoke simply because you are stressed. Nicotine is a stimulant not a relaxant As I said before and as Plekhanov says above, it's the nicotine addiction and craving that causes the stress.

Smokers have higher levels of stress than non smokers. even when they smoke to relieve their stress, which is caused by smoking. You're a junkie craving a fix, of course you are stressed.

its a possibility though, most people i know who've had plenty of crap in their life smoke, i dont really know any smokers who've had it easy.

its common to hear of someone with PTS who's turned to drink, i'd expect they might begin smoking too

its a possibility though, most people i know who've had plenty of crap in their life smoke, i dont really know any smokers who've had it easy.
Ah let's all pity the poor sad little smoker then. Group Hug time, though hold your breath as they're a bit smelly.:hihi:

its common to hear of someone with PTS who's turned to drink, i'd expect they might begin smoking too

People do lots of stupid things after a few pints! Some of them come on forums and post nonsense.:P Not meaning you BTW, just some others I know of.

Archived