Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Been said before but here it is once again for the mentally challenged amongst us,Dont want a fine for smoking in a no smoking area dont smoke there,Dont want catching by a speed camera dont speed,Dont want a parking fine dont park illegaly, simple really isnt it.

How esle would you enforce the ban?

I wonder how they intend to enforce the fine. These 'officers' are going to have to go around in pairs if there's to be a 'credible' witness.

In fact it sounds like a nice job - undercover pub-crawling all day and getting paid for it. Wonder if they'll get a booze allownace :hihi:

As i am posting from Scotland and we have had the ban since march 2006 heres a few points!

Most of the fines have been handed out to business owners for not enforcing the ban, few individuals have had a fine.

Its the general public who have been reporting people and not many of these enforcers have had to give fines.

I love the ban as i can go for a drink and not smell o fags for days!

Surely the £30million would be spent on officers to walk the beat or builders to build a prison to persecute (rehabilitate/reward) real criminals.

Such as people who advocate and encourage extreme violence, such as glassings?

Looking at this from the other side and as a smoker, the tax raised from smoking pays for the ENTIRE NHS!!, and all those who bleat about the smell of smoke, how many of them drive a car?? that pumps out more noxious poisons in 10 minutes than i do in a month, whats next, ban cars as they are a health hazard, i think not!!!

Looking at this from the other side and as a smoker, the tax raised from smoking pays for the ENTIRE NHS!!, and all those who bleat about the smell of smoke, how many of them drive a car?? that pumps out more noxious poisons in 10 minutes than i do in a month, whats next, ban cars as they are a health hazard, i think not!!!

364,000 hospital appointments ARE SMOKING RELATED.

3000 deaths caused to NON smokers.

Archived