Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

i saw the thread and had to say this, this is how much i reckon the smoking ban will work.....

My bro in law went to the match saturday at elland road to watch wednesday, he said that he got pulled up "before" he went into the ground about "no smoking" in the ground by a steward,

He then carried on into the ground and for the laugh asked one of the other stewards the other side of the turnstile for a light and he turned round and was smoking a fag, can u beilieve that he gave him a light aswell for his troubles.

Thats how much the smoking ban will be adhered to, it will be swings and roundabouts meaning even the most powerfull people will flaunt a law so stupid.

There was an astounding piece of news in the latest Weekly Telegraph. When I read it, my knees went weak and I went purple with rage.

It appears that the actor who played Harry Potter has been smoking cigarettes on stage !! As many posters on S.F. have pointed out, smoking is the greatest evil to beset our wonderful country.Millions of people keel over in the streets through smoking or passive smoking. It is a dire threat to our entire way of life.Smokers are killers in a very real sense.Now, this actor is allowed to smoke on stage !

Millions of our young mites, under the age of 21, might see this dastardly act and follow suit.Why haven't our Health & Safety persons stormed the stage and put a stop to it ? Oh my God !

This actor also mutilates a horse and has sex with it in the same play, but that is nothing in comparison to the smoking issue. Surely, the actor could get round this problem by chewing a stick of celery or something instead of brandishing a real cigarette and, thus, leading our dear Youth astray ?

i saw the thread and had to say this, this is how much i reckon the smoking ban will work.....

My bro in law went to the match saturday at elland road to watch wednesday, he said that he got pulled up "before" he went into the ground about "no smoking" in the ground by a steward,

He then carried on into the ground and for the laugh asked one of the other stewards the other side of the turnstile for a light and he turned round and was smoking a fag, can u beilieve that he gave him a light aswell for his troubles.

Thats how much the smoking ban will be adhered to, it will be swings and roundabouts meaning even the most powerfull people will flaunt a law so stupid.

So there's no problem for the smokers then?

If they can all happily flaunt the ban and continue to light up wherever they want, then presumably they can stop wasting time bitching on threads like this about being oppressed and stigmatised? :)

So there's no problem for the smokers then?

If they can all happily flaunt the ban and continue to light up wherever they want, then presumably they can stop wasting time bitching on threads like this about being oppressed and stigmatised? :)

Its a shame u can,t see the reality no one is going to adhere its a simple fact.

There was an astounding piece of news in the latest Weekly Telegraph. When I read it, my knees went weak and I went purple with rage.

It appears that the actor who played Harry Potter has been smoking cigarettes on stage !! As many posters on S.F. have pointed out, smoking is the greatest evil to beset our wonderful country.Millions of people keel over in the streets through smoking or passive smoking. It is a dire threat to our entire way of life.Smokers are killers in a very real sense.Now, this actor is allowed to smoke on stage !

Millions of our young mites, under the age of 21, might see this dastardly act and follow suit.Why haven't our Health & Safety persons stormed the stage and put a stop to it ? Oh my God !

This actor also mutilates a horse and has sex with it in the same play, but that is nothing in comparison to the smoking issue. Surely, the actor could get round this problem by chewing a stick of celery or something instead of brandishing a real cigarette and, thus, leading our dear Youth astray ?

You've been away in China for too long Fareast! Smoking on stage occurs in lots of plays.

A production of the opera Carmen usually begins with female singers smoking on stage. The opera is, after all, set in a cigarette factory. :)

yeah right

yes!!!! quite simply!

why should I be forced to inhale your 2nd hand smoke?????? WHY????

If you choose to put your own health at risk, so be it, but at least have the decency to not FORCE this on others.

When I breathe in cigarette smoke, it makes me cough, sometimes wheeze (as I have asthema) but most imprtantly, I'm pregnant and I dont want even the slightest thing to affect my unborn baby!

While I agree with you, I think he meant if you're outside. I have a (dreadfully bad for you, not ironic) cig after a few beers, but never in an 'enclosed' space.

If it's snowing, raining, hailing, fogging, colding (verbs invented there), then that's my fault, and I have no problem with suffering for my cig (I am a lapsed Catholic by the way - suffering is obligatory ;) ), but let's look at it the other way, there's no smoking inside, so stay inside then!

There's no doubting the good things which will happen to the nation's health as smoking is slowly eradicated, but remember the dragon (dope) creeps slowly .........

The big one will be when cannabis turns up ........ smoked with tobacco .......... four years I say before this turns up as a serious Parliamentary debate.

And I don't touch the stuff (cannabis), but as far as the tobacco ban is concerned (and I'm for it), the health deficits of tobacco will have to be monitored even more should the tolerance of cannabis be extended.

I very rarely spend time with people who don,t smoke why should you feel uncomfortable around people who don,t like what you do like the no smokers say "every 1 has there rights".

To be honest, I don't like the smell and if I'm out I'm not bothered about going outside, and I NEVER smoke in my own home. It's worked well in Ireland, and anything which reduces smoking must be a good thing.

There isn't a single thing which helps you if you smoke tobacco, even if it's with anything else.

Archived