Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

I went to a pub last night which has separate areas for smoking/not smoking. We had to sit in the smoking section as the non-smoking section was absolutely packed, and there was only one table occupied in the smoking area.

So how bad is it going to be for business when the ban comes in? :D

I went to a pub last night which has separate areas for smoking/not smoking. We had to sit in the smoking section as the non-smoking section was absolutely packed, and there was only one table occupied in the smoking area.

I shall be interested to learn. Not long now.

well mecca is already shutting a few of their bingo halls, and there is a net loss of pubs per month

They are shutting down Bingo Halls in advance of the smoking restrictions, so explain why is that do to the smoking restrictions? Pubs have been closing and disappearing for years. Nothing to do with smoking and far more to do with big breweries,chain pubs and changing social patterns.

Besides businesses of all kinds fail all the time, cimemas became bingo halls and bingo may now be losing it's appeal. That's life. But I'm sure every pub that closes in the next ten years will have the the cigarette ban blamed for it's demise by the nicotine junkies.

Can anyone tell me if the new smoking restrictions which come into force this July will apply to hotel rooms?

As any non smoker who has ever occupied a room recently vacated by a smoker will tell you it would be most welcome if it does.

Archived