Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

To the best of my knowledge the ban will apply to ALL public places...about time too. Hopefully this will make it easier for people to quit, although I don't think the tobacco companies will be very happy...

Come on then Sid, when were you last in a non smoking hotel room that smelt of fags? I am genuinly interested so please answer. Every hotel I get stuck in with work has smoking and non smoking rooms and they keep them that way. The smoking rooms always smell and the non smoking rooms don't. I used to smoke so alwys used to get a smoking room and never do any more and I have never had this problem. They don't alternate them, it would be pointless. I guess if the hotel is nearly full and you ask for a non smoking room they might take an ashtray out of a smoking room but I have never had that problem.

Unfortunatly i have to stay in hotels a lot with work, and although I always ask for a non-smoking room, they cannot always provide one as i am often booking five or six rooms a week or two before the date. Its not pleasant to stay in these rooms.

You mean pardon you for HATING smokers :P

I hope everyone in this country does stop one day - me included - and they put higher taxes on the things you like to do :hihi:

No pardon needed for hating smokers, it just comes naturally. Especially bolshy, unpleasant ones who seem to think they're being hard done to by slowly killing themselves and the people around them and making their clothes, everywhere they go and the clothes of every poor sod who's unfortunate enough to be near them stink too. Wonder why we hate them, eh?

No pardon needed for hating smokers, it just comes naturally. Especially bolshy, unpleasant ones who seem to think they're being hard done to by slowly killing themselves and the people around them and making their clothes, everywhere they go and the clothes of every poor sod who's unfortunate enough to be near them stink too. Wonder why we hate them, eh?

No that's a :rolleyes: stereo typical :rolleyes: 40+ a dayer .....

Unfortunately for you there are grades of smokers :D

and yes , smokers know there clothes smell , know there hated, know they are killing themselves ........so what is your point ?

Archived