Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

I'm a bit confused, how long do non-smokers wear their clothes before they wash them ?

Personally I only wear stuff for one day, then it goes in the wash, whether it smells of cigs or not, but I can see the advantge of wearing the same stuff for a week, it would save money.

Will there be huge slump in washing powder sales once the ban comes in ?

not on the behalf of smokers, maybe the non smoking brigade just don't like to wash their clothes?

I'm a bit confused, how long do non-smokers wear their clothes before they wash them ?

Personally I only wear stuff for one day, then it goes in the wash, whether it smells of cigs or not, but I can see the advantge of wearing the same stuff for a week, it would save money.

Will there be huge slump in washing powder sales once the ban comes in ?

I wear some of my clothes for more than one day. Jeans might get worn for a day, then slung over a chair til the next time I wear them. They'll get washed when they're dirty. If they're worn in a smoky environment, they go in the wash when I take them off, as otherwise the smell lingers.

That's different but it has worked in other countries, unlike some rules on our behaviour it is virtually a self enforcing rule.

Yes, self enforcement should work. It worked on buses & in cinemas.

You will always get the occasional confrontational nut-job (like that guy on the tram at Halfway), but they will be the exception rather than the rule.

I can never pretend that I haven't been to the pub on my way home from work :thumbsup: because I smell. After 7/1 I will be able to go every day with impunity!

Only if you have a soft drink, the smell of beer on somebody to those that haven't had one is unbelievably strong:D

Archived