Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

As for the French, they simply refuse to be told what they can and can't do by the government, unlike us who sit waiting for the next rule to be handed down.

A pity they were not so beligerant when it came to tackling old Saddam.

As for smoking people will not need confront the smokers themselves but simply report it to someone with the authority to deal with the matter. Also, alarms are available that will alert staff to any illegal smoking in toilets or dark corners etc.

Just like they don't smoke weed in certain pubs and clubs no because its illegal, I don't think so.

Actually it will be a lot harder to smoke 'weed' in any pub or club after the ban because it will be much easier to spot.

You might want to take into consideration that once they passed a no smoking policy in boozers its a mere matter of time before they pass a no alcohol policy in them too.

We live in a nanny state, they wont simply stop at smoking, and remember, if they want to trash the working classes, which they obviously DO want to do, then taking beer away from them is a natural way to go.

Saspirella bars are on their way back!

A pity they were not so beligerant when it came to tackling old Saddam.

As for smoking people will not need confront the smokers themselves but simply report it to someone with the authority to deal with the matter. Also, alarms are available that will alert staff to any illegal smoking in toilets or dark corners etc.

So, will the smoking police and other customers go barging into toilet cubicle when alarm goes off in the pub, I don't think so somehow.

Archived