Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Of course all you non-smokers are going to be out every night once the dreaded "fog of death" has gone from the pubs ?

There must be thousands of you just waiting for a non-smoking pub to open, hey, wait a minute, that sounds like a realy good bussiness move, if I were a landlord I'd be doing that now.

No, i'll just be happier when I am out.

Of course all you non-smokers are going to be out every night once the dreaded "fog of death" has gone from the pubs ?

There must be thousands of you just waiting for a non-smoking pub to open, hey, wait a minute, that sounds like a realy good bussiness move, if I were a landlord I'd be doing that now.

There already are some non-smoking pubs, and I choose those in preference to those where smoking is allowed. Come the 1st of July I will have much greater choice about where I can go, so I may actually get out more at weekends!

Always supposing I get my work done first :(

I'm also looking forward to the dawn of "smoker bashing", which is the (currently frowned upon) art of telling off smokers while they smoke. If smoking had only been discovered today, it would be banned as a harmful and addictive drug. It's only because it's been historically accepted that it's become so mainstream.

I don't know if the ban will have as big an effect as we'd like. People will always die because of smoking, because there will always be rebellious people like Eric Cartman who will say "It's mah body, I'll do what I want!"

Let's hope it brings the figures down though

I'm also looking forward to the dawn of "smoker bashing", which is the (currently frowned upon) art of telling off smokers while they smoke. If smoking had only been discovered today, it would be banned as a harmful and addictive drug. It's only because it's been historically accepted that it's become so mainstream.

I don't know if the ban will have as big an effect as we'd like. People will always die because of smoking, because there will always be rebellious people like Eric Cartman who will say "It's mah body, I'll do what I want!"

Let's hope it brings the figures down though

Smoker basher eh?

I'm thinking about becoming a drinker basher as I don't want to pay medical bills for them when there livers pack up.

I also don't want to pay extra council tax because of sick clean ups from pavements and the police having to be called out to drunk and disorderly complaints.

Just a thought:)

Smoker basher eh?

I'm thinking about becoming a drinker basher as I don't want to pay medical bills for them when there livers pack up.

I also don't want to pay extra council tax because of sick clean ups from pavements and the police having to be called out to drunk and disorderly complaints.

We could just bash everyone for a laugh whether they drink, smoke or are obese etc - just in case anyone feels left out :hihi: :hihi:

Smoker basher eh?

Not a problem, the tax on alcohol covers the NHS cost, council tax covers the vomit cleaning costs and it's already a crime to be drunk and disorderly and to serve anyone who is plastered, so I don't see what more can be done to stop that.

Not a problem, the tax on alcohol covers the NHS cost, council tax covers the vomit cleaning costs and it's already a crime to be drunk and disorderly and to serve anyone who is plastered, so I don't see what more can be done to stop that.

Just think how much tax could be lowered if people didn't drink, not to mention the amount the nhs could put towards better things like a £70 000 rock for outside every hospital.

Also I've never known a smoker knock somebody's teeth out because they've had one fag to many.

Archived