Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

It's the same where there is a smoking area and a non-smoking area, even if they are completely seperate you will always find non-smokers in the smoking section moaning about it being smoky, they love it.

the bankers draft's current smoking section is funny, it's as you walk into the building downstairs, half of the upstairs was smoking but this stopped when they got a new carpet.

You now have 1/2 of the occupants occupying a 1/5 of the pub

I'd just like to say good for you, mojo! Having seen the effects of smoking both at work and through university, (and my personal feelings about it),I can't understand why people want to smoke. I know why they do, but why did they start?! So, best of luck to you.

Also, why do many of the people on this forum seem to assume that non-smokers are heavy drinkers?

this may have something to do with banning smoking in pubs and non smokers banging on about an increase in trade?

but maybe the increase in trade is due to the decrease in pubs

Also why do so many non smokers on here assume all smokers are second class citizens out to kill them because of passive smoking?

Most drug addicts are seen as second class citizens. Smokers are drug addicts too - nicotine is more addictive than heroin - behind a veneer of "acceptability". I'm not sure if that's the word I wanted...

the bankers draft's current smoking section is funny, it's as you walk into the building downstairs, half of the upstairs was smoking but this stopped when they got a new carpet.

You now have 1/2 of the occupants occupying a 1/5 of the pub

I never got the idea behind a smoking section - like the stench knows where the barriers are...

It's like havinga no pi**ing area in the swimming pool :roll:

Also why do so many non smokers on here assume all smokers are second class citizens out to kill them because of passive smoking?

i dont think smokers are second class citizens at all.

selfish and ignorant perhaps but not second class.

i mean i can't afford to smoke if i wanted too.

Yes ALL non-smokers are EXACTLY like that.

I know, thats why I said it, and they are prone to getting hysterical and coming out with things like "how would you like it if I was spraying cycanide on you" or "how would you like it if I burnt your children at the stake next to you, 'cause that what smokers do"

:)

Archived