Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

As a nightclub DJ, I am very, very, very happy that smoking is to be banned. I sound like the devil when I get up on Saturday morning. My clothes absolutely reek.

I'll be a much happier bunny when the ban comes. If you want a cig, go outside and have one. It works like a charm in New York.

spot on, no if needed :thumbsup:

And remember the 4.5 day week smokers work what with all the paid fag breaks they take (or as they phrase it where I work "I'm going to move my car", not realising that they come back stinking of fags). Strangely I can't remember car-moving breaks being in their contracts either.:rolleyes:

you'd be more likely to have an asthma attack inhaling the fumes from a car exhaust (if not die), than from smoking a cigarette.

diesel in sheffields buses smells a lot worse than cigarette smoke and also sticks more to your clothes.

what component of the cigarette smoke sets off your attacks and how come you are immune to fumes from an exhaust.

This argument is a load of crap. People need transport. There is something to be gained from using a car, there is nothing to be gained from smoking a cigarette.

As a person who has worked in clubs for the last 21 years and never smoked i can honestly say i am looking forward to the ban

I can see both sides of the argument. As a non smoker and as an employee i welcome the fact that i will not have to stand and cop a load of fumes from the person stood in front of / near me who smokes and holds the fag AWAY from their face when not puffing on it so the smoke goes behind them and onto others (do me a favour you people, if you wish to smoke then hold the fag in front of your own face so the smoke goes in your eyes NOT MINE)

I welcome the fact that i will not stink of smoke the next morning when i get up to go to my day job or play with my children.

BUT i can see that smokers would not welcome the introduction to it and would argue that having a fag is part of their night out so why cant they have a room or a designated area.

I like the idea of being stamped and allowed outside to a enclosed area but i cant see clubs enforcing it.

the smokers that argue that they cant smoke when they go out to clubs, can i ask what you do now if you take your family out to a no smoking place?

Still, the government have no right to tell people what they can and cant do. I work full time, do part time things as well and i still think they should have smoking and non smoking pubs. The english will end up going to warehouse parties so they can enjoy a drink and a smoke. At the moment, some of the establishments that have a non smoking policy have loads of cigarette ends outside, does that not say something about the people who still like a cigarette when they have a drink.

Still, the government have no right to tell people what they can and cant do. I work full time, do part time things as well and i still think they should have smoking and non smoking pubs. The english will end up going to warehouse parties so they can enjoy a drink and a smoke. At the moment, some of the establishments that have a non smoking policy have loads of cigarette ends outside, does that not say something about the people who still like a cigarette when they have a drink.

so if there's lots of cigarette ends outside, that shows that people are still going to non-smoking pubs, which means no bar staff will lose their jobs.

so whats the point of your petition?????!!!! :loopy:

so if there's lots of cigarette ends outside, that shows that people are still going to non-smoking pubs, which means no bar staff will lose their jobs.

so whats the point of your petition?????!!!! :loopy:

There isn't one. I think it's a 'spitting the dummy out' type reaction.

another pillock on this thread too.... gosh, they're all coming out the woodwork today....:hihi:

i do not have a family. my current boyfriend has a child and does not want any more. isn't it more of a family thing to eat inside at your own table. Most of the restaurants that are for FAMILIES, have unhealthy food that the young children should not be eating anyway. I do however feel for you (the person who has worked in clubs and is a non smoker) and as i have said before, i was a non smoker, i was just unfortunate to have a succession of depressing events that have lead to me smoking to cope with the stress. I would like to ask how you cope with stress as a non smoker please!

sheffbag quote

BUT i can see that smokers would not welcome the introduction to it and would argue that having a fag is part of their night out so why cant they have a room or a designated area.

I like the idea of being stamped and allowed outside to a enclosed area but i cant see clubs enforcing it.

Clubs will lose out to the private warehouse parties, the ones where you pay £20 for a ticket and you have as much booze as you want and can smoke without someone having a go at you.

I have been to such a party and i know that these will carry on when the smoking ban comes in and will let us smoke so i am not too bothered about that, i sometimes get nervous before and whilst djing so that is going to effect me and other dj's who smoke (round 50%).

I give up on this anyway, just dont blame me when this government takes other rights away. Why dont they ban sunbeds, they cause skin cancer, so does the sun. when will the stupidness end.

Archived