Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Ive been stopped 2 months now, so i voted i dont mind, because i know a lot of people will be trying to stop when the ban does come in

There's a very easy way that the ban doesn't need to be a problem for smokers in public situations - snuff.

I'm surprised, as they can be flavoured, they aren't already on sale in pubs, clubs, cafes and the like and only a small amount of tobacconists. It would save many a social club from the extinction they face when the ban comes into force.

Personally I don't care if people want to smoke.......it keeps me in a job anyway BUT what I never have liked is not having the choice when I go into pubs or clubs. If I sit and have a quiet glass of wine it doesn't affect anyone (unless I have 27 and decide to kick someone's head in!) if someone nearby decides to have a quiet fag it does affect me....that's it, it's not rocket science. I know people are aware of how harmful cigarettes are and it's their choice to smoke if they want BUT I don't and this ban is coming into force because the MAJORITY want it.

I agree on all counts. If too many people stop smoking I'll have less work to do :suspect:

Booze won't be banned, there will simply be ever-increasing "restrictions" that make it an offence to walk down the street "intoxicated" after a few pints of a Friday, which is completely different from a ban!

Up until now, neither have non smokers.

That's democracy for you.

They did have a choice - go to a pub where the landlord chose to disallow smoking.

guess i'll try again too,

but alcohol is bad for our health too so will that be the next thing to be banned in confined public places by the nanny state?

ditto fried food, i.e fish & chips,the full english, fried mars bars ,the list is endless.

where will the nanny state strike next ? what wll be next to fall victim to banning axe.

democratic state,freedom of choice don't make me laugh. :rant:

98 days left then all them filthy smokers will get fined if they light up in public :thumbsup:

Fined by who exactly ?

The policeman that will be in every pub ?

The landlord perhaps will be given powers to fine people ?

Or will you be making citizens arrests ?

I think the main revenue generator here will be HSE/local authority whatever they are called who will be fining places for not displaying signs etc.

But you could argue "If it's banned everywhere why do i need a sign to say as much ?"

But you could argue "If it's banned everywhere why do i need a sign to say as much ?"

they really believe that every time someone says "i forgot it was none smoking" that they did.

thinking about this, do people who suffer from alzehimers have to pay the fine when then ban comes in? how will they remember such a silly law

Archived