Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Apparently since the smoking ban in Scotland, 70 percent of nightclubs in Glasgow have closed due to this not happening, people seem to have chosen to stay in late bars that allow people to go outside and smoke.

that coincides with the new 24 hour drinking laws

so your talking *******

why pay to go into a nightclub to drink late when you can do it in a comfy pub without being deafnd ?

Most people go clubbing simply to dance and enjoy music and to go 'on the pull'.....cigarettes are the last thing on their mind I would think...

but a nightclub with a 'smoking solution' would be an interesting development........

all late bars and pubs now have smoking solutions sorted I would think, at least certainly the LATE opening ones have.

I've been to some nightclubs with outdoor garden areas (in London, Manchester & Reading) - its really nice, especially to cool down etc.

I haven't seen any of these in Sheffield though - so perhaps they ought to start thinking about it here?

that coincides with the new 24 hour drinking laws

so your talking *******

why pay to go into a nightclub to drink late when you can do it in a comfy pub without being deafnd ?

Not me talking b0llox matey, thats from The Scotsman newspaper.

I don't go clubbing much anymore and couldn't give a toss either way.

I've picked up loads of customers in my cab this weekend that went to the new Kingdom nightclub, (which is non smoking-albeit not by law obviously until July), but from what I was told, although it was quite smoke free early on, the toilets were like a smokescreen, and later on, I guess when people had had a few more beers, people were smoking in the main club.

Wonder whether this will be the normal? I suppose it's hard to judge yet, as it's not law yet, and it's only a nightclub.

Archived