Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

1 person out of 36500 died.

36500 is half the population of Chesterfield. I suspect that more than 2 people died in Chesterfield that Sunday.

I don't think this scientific analysis proves that there is no correlational between running a marathon and dying:hihi:

1 person out of 36500 died.

36500 is half the population of Chesterfield. I suspect that more than 2 people died in Chesterfield that Sunday.

I don't think this scientific analysis proves that there is no correlational between running a marathon and dying:hihi:

And it wasn't the marathon that killed him either, it was due to him taking on too much water.

Yes, I've been wondering about what will happen to clubs when the smoking ban comes into force. I was thinking that maybe clubs would hire more security to enforce the rules, but wouldn't that put drink prices up? And I agree about the enclosed outside areas. Spiders in Hull has a nice outdoor bit where people can go out to cool down, there def should be more clubs in Sheffield doing the same thing.

Well Embrace is a non-smoking venue and that doesn't seem to have affected them if anyone saw the queues on their opening night!

• 1 month later...

I am definitely going to try and give up when I've had enough . Until then, I will face the future with a bright eye and a brave heart.

They may fight us in the lounge bars, they may fight us in the restaurants and the cinemas ; they will fight us on the buses and trains and probably 10 kms. from a school--------but we will never surrender !

As an ex smoker I am quite curious about what would happen if every smoker gave up. How much would our taxes have to rise to make up for the lost tax revenue?

probably as lot less than if everyone gave up driving for 1 week

Archived