Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

I'm not going to try, I'm going to succeed!!!

Thats the way to do it!

I gave up about 2 months ago, I`ve tried to stop before(and failed), but got up one day, said to oh I`m not having any more, so we both stopped together!

Who is going to try to stop smoking now that the new regulations have come in?
The signs are up at hillsborough... i must admit i'm all 4 it!!:D There is nothing worse than sitting at the side of a chain smoker every match!:help:

Although that would depend on the score at the time....;)

I stopped on 27/12/06 after smoking for 25 years, 30 a day. I still can't believe I did it. I will never smoke again & can't believe I smelled that bad. Whenever there is a smoking post on here I have to add my bit because I still find it hard to believe. Wow 5 months now. I have a whole new perspective on life!

Problem is when will the friggin craving go for good?

I stopped on 27/12/06 after smoking for 25 years, 30 a day. I still can't believe I did it. I will never smoke again & can't believe I smelled that bad. Whenever there is a smoking post on here I have to add my bit because I still find it hard to believe. Wow 5 months now. I have a whole new perspective on life!

Problem is when will the friggin craving go for good?

It never goes away. I quit two years ago, my wife five years ago, and we both still get cravings. I had to quit cos I'm a survivor of cancer of the larynx. Like you said its nice not to stink of cigs. The other thing is not having to pay for two cartons a week left me with enough money to make the payments on a second car, a new one too. Keep on fighting, its too easy to give in and it only takes one cigarette.

I must be one of the lucky ones because i stopped in 1998 & I can honestly say that from the day I stopped I have never wanted a cigarette. I also smoked 25-30 a day.I sympathise with the people who crave for a smoke because it is really a powerful drug.

This time round, I've been stopped two years (I went back on the cigs for three months or so, during a time of extreme stress, after being stopped for about three years)

This time I'm hoping it's a keeper.

good luck everyone who has stopped, and who is stopping smoking. well done, and don't let it defeat you. Take it in five minute, or ten minute chunks...

Tell yourself, "I'll wait just ten mins to have a cig... "

then tell yourself

"ok, I've waited 10 mins, I can do another ten..." and so on...

I went through massive quantities of sugar free chewing gum (not nicotine gum, ordinary gum) I chewed and chewed like mad- lol- but, it worked for me!

Archived