Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

What pees me off is that today even I was walking to mothercare (to get to maternity clothes as i'm pregnant - hence why I may be touchy!) and a bloke cuts right in front of me in front of the doorway and blows his fag fumes in my face - I coughed and eventually threw up then had to sit down while this nice old lady went to get me a bottle of water from the spa. (I'm still suffering with morning sickness) and he just sniggered and walked off.

I'm suprised that you or anyone else did not comment on my earlier post on this section :D

When you walk past me with your baby in a pram I dont lean over and puff in its face but when you stand at the traffic lights with your baby on eye level to all the exhaust fumes literally pumping straight into their lung no one minds??

Passive smoking is an invention to get more money out of insurance companies when loved ones die due to the fumes in the air, all around us and above us.

At the moment i pay £5 a day for my ciggies and I smoke them, in a few years time when we are all healthy none smokers we will all pay the extra taxes that will have to be added onto everything to make up the loss. It will be cheaper for me but the none smokers will suffer through their pockets instead of their lungs.

I'm suprised that you or anyone else did not comment on my earlier post on this section :D

When you walk past me with your baby in a pram I dont lean over and puff in its face but when you stand at the traffic lights with your baby on eye level to all the exhaust fumes literally pumping straight into their lung no one minds??

Passive smoking is an invention to get more money out of insurance companies when loved ones die due to the fumes in the air, all around us and above us.

At the moment i pay £5 a day for my ciggies and I smoke them, in a few years time when we are all healthy none smokers we will all pay the extra taxes that will have to be added onto everything to make up the loss. It will be cheaper for me but the none smokers will suffer through their pockets instead of their lungs.

too right, smog for example in cities,

ill agree with banning it from places where children play/loiter, but not adult only venues like a club, and for other venues there can be smoking and non smoking venues.

And I suppose cigarette smoke isn't really harmful at all either.

Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

Why dont they ban sunbeds, they cause skin cancer, so does the sun. when will the stupidness end.

Because by me using a sunbed (which by the way i dont) is not gonna cause somebody else harm.

We are not asking you to smoke altogether, just not to smoke in confined public places.

Archived