Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Yep, landlords should've been given incentives to go non-smoking, thereby allowing those that wish to provide smoking premises to continue to do so. If non-smoking venues were available at no loss of cost to the landlord, then I guess everyone would've been happy. Sadly, His Tonyness & Co spotted an opportunity to write up some more ill-thought out legislation.

tonyness & co spot a gap anywhere they can all politicians are full of ****

they promise the world when there in they stab you in the back always will :mad:

thats the word fascism :D

i dont tell people where to drive where to have sex where to eat so i aint being told where to smoke

the landlords of the said establishments have said if the people come in who should!!! ive been told not to smoke and wont leave but when they gone i shall continue. and the pubs will be around because they are always full unlike most pubs these days :D

i aint stopping for them i aint stopping for you or the next person i choose to smoke cause i want too and wont stop till im ready if you dont like it you move cause i aint this aint an attack on you but it annoys me its my choice let me be :D

It may be your choice to smoke, but unfortunatley it affects other people around you directly; you are forcing them to breathe your smoke in. Most smokers who I know are happy to comply with the ban, but your attitude stinks and sounds really immature. Times are changing, get used to it!!!

It may be your choice to smoke, but unfortunatley it affects other people around you directly; you are forcing them to breathe your smoke in. Most smokers who I know are happy to comply with the ban, but your attitude stinks and sounds really immature. Times are changing, get used to it!!!

well im a smoker and if you drive so are you :hihi:

only i may be affecting the person next to me so science says but so are you driving but not just me the whole planet and the planet is changing so get used to it :rant:

i dont tell you where to drive when im out so dont preach to me when im smokin :suspect:

I don't actually drive, I catch the bus and car-share.

"so science says" you are affecting "the person next to you" its not science, its common sense!

And why do you keep using car emissions as a comparison?

I never complained about passive smoking it doesn't actually bother me that much (I work in a pub) I am more bothered by your stubborn inconsiderate attitude.

its you who are childish. as the new law stands if twenty people want to smoke in a pub, the landlord smokes, the bar staff smoke but you dont, they'll have to stop just because of you. if you dont like smoke dont go in smokey places.

its you who are childish. as the new law stands if twenty people want to smoke in a pub, the landlord smokes, the bar staff smoke but you dont, they'll have to stop just because of you. if you dont like smoke dont go in smokey places.

here here that man

if i choose to smoke then thats down to me if it dont bother you then why post on here cause it bothers me that people like you have a problem with me

i have a problem with you so why breathe the air i breathe same thing i dont want you breathing the air i breathe so you go else somewhere else and breathe not nice is it ??

you catch a bus you still have an affect on all humans your helping kill the planet :loopy:

dont stand near me i wont blow smoke on you :D

I don't actually drive, I catch the bus and car-share.

"so science says" you are affecting "the person next to you" its not science, its common sense!

And why do you keep using car emissions as a comparison?

I never complained about passive smoking it doesn't actually bother me that much (I work in a pub) I am more bothered by your stubborn inconsiderate attitude.

o and by the way do your research car emmisions will kill more people than smoking ever will :rant: :rant: :huh::loopy:

Get real mikey

Where are you going to get such a pub?

Most people do not smoke.

The majority of people do not want to breath in a smoky

atmosphere.

Put your analogy another way

'twenty people want to smoke in a pub, the landlord smokes, the bar staff smoke', but say your child trying to earn money to support self through uni is offered a job there...

This legislation is not childish like some of its opponents, it is thinking ahead to allow people to be free from illnesses and diseases caused by cigarettes and smoking.

The laws passed to bring this bill in were not all down to Tony neither, they

were developed from all parties and free votes.

In other words it was democracy in action. We should be proud of our democracy, hopefully many people who smoke now, and their children, will eventually be glad this action was taken.

Archived